Command and Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight will not launch win 8 64bit..

by wikne

Original Post

Re: Command and Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight will not launch win 8 64bit..

[ Edited ]
Hero

A lot of people are posting in this thread just saying "help me" without actually stating if their problem is the same as that in the original post, and I'm guessing not because a solution was given for that.

So, I guess I'd better dump the most obvious solution in THIS thread as well, even though it's already in 50% of the threads in this whole forum...

Open the game's properties in the Origin client, and check the "Disable Origin In Game" option.

If the option is greyed out, this means you tried to launch the game, and due to the malfunction, Origin thinks it's still running. To fix that, either kill the game launcher in the Task Manager, or just restart your computer.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 41 of 60 (2,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem until reading the post about the task manager so I closed all those then simply right clicked the game icon in origin and clicked update.

now that the game is launching I log in with my EA account but get no further than the key registration as it says key has been used already, im assuming that everyone who downloaded the pack from origin has been given the same key, or is there something I've missed.

Message 42 of 60 (2,725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so turns out you need to log in with your origin email and password not your EA email and password yes mine are different. or does disabling origin in game alter this aswell???

Message 43 of 60 (2,724 Views)

★ Novice

open task manager

click processes tab

find 'cnc launcher updater'

end task all of the launcher updater

game will start

Message 44 of 60 (2,675 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cannot get past the log in screen it continues to tell me my password is incorrect when im 100% sure it is when I can log into orgin on the desktop and on the website plus this forum. Can anyone help?

Message 45 of 60 (2,586 Views)

★★ Novice

That one worked for me, thx a lot.

Message 46 of 60 (2,385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, this isn't working for me.. any other ideas...?

Message 47 of 60 (2,345 Views)

★ Novice

Same here i use the correct .exe as told but nothing

Message 48 of 60 (2,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Trying to run game, tried everything posted int his thread. It loads to the log in, and then asks me to select persona, then asks me to log in again & select persona again then pop up error game has stopped working.

5 year old game and no fix for this?  This is about my final stray for using Origin, nothing works on it ever.

Message 49 of 60 (1,993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Couldn't find the XNX4Game.exe file in my download folder of Origin. ohh I'm having the exact same problem that you just solved, but I only have to find this file.

Message 50 of 60 (1,976 Views)