bejeweled twist won't run

by leftynomore

Original Post

bejeweled twist won't run

★★ Newbie

I was able to successfully play the entire free trial of bejeweled twist in my windows 8.1 system but when I purchased it, it will no longer open. Works fine on my windows 10 laptop

Message 1 of 4 (2,357 Views)

Re: bejeweled twist won't run

★★★ Newbie

I cannot get it to run keeps saying there is a problem error log it says theres a DLL missing file. geek squad had the following issue: I first verified the issue with Bejeweled Twist in your computer and it seems that the game is still not opening, we have tried all the troubleshooting and it seems that the event viewer is showing that the DLL file has an issue, I removed all the files on Bejeweled Twist using Revo and reinstall it since it has a back-up on flash drive.

Message 2 of 4 (2,034 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @titanalight

You can try downloading and installing the appropriate Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013 or 2015 depending on your system from Microsoft's Download Center.

Select your language and click the Download button, then choose either vcredist_x64.exe if you're running a 64-bit version of Windows, or vcredist_x86.exe if you have a 32-bit Windows OS.

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 4 (2,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem also. If, like me you have a source of the game, like a disk, uninstall your current iteration of the game, and reinstall. At the end of the install it will ask you "Launch now?", yes, definitely yes! Play the game as much as you want, but do not quit at the end, just minimize the window. If you have to turn off your comp, you'll have to reinstall the game again. But this is at least some of a work-around.

Hoping it helps!

Message 4 of 4 (1,500 Views)