Re: Bejeweled Twist downloaded PC version

by Dakotaracer

Original Post

Bejeweled Twist downloaded PC version

★★★ Newbie

The game is one I bought years ago to run on my desktop, not the online version.  It worked fine in Windows 7, but after upgrading to Windows 10 the only way it will run is in 640x480 mode.  When I run it that way and then use the options to change to a higher resolution, I get an error message that says 3D acceleration cannot be enabled on my computer.  The video card does not meet minimum requirements.  Well, that's not true as I did not change the video card when I upgraded to Windows 10.  It's the exact same card, an Nvidia GeForce 720.  I'm sure that there's a new driver though, and undoubtedly that is causing the problem. 

So, my question is whether there is anyway to get the game to properly use the new driver?  Or are there any other options short of playing the game in that mode.  I really hate it as all the cool graphics in between levels is lost.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (2,072 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @carlk318,

Running the game in compatibility mode may help.

You'll find instructions in the article: Running a game in compatibility mode in Windows 10.

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 7 (2,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately no, that doesn't help at all.  I tried every different compatibility option and had the same problem in all of them.  I had a similar problem with Bejeweled 3, but setting it to Windows 7 compatibility solved that problem.  However, nothing I've tried with Bejeweled Twist has worked.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Message 3 of 7 (2,053 Views)

Sorry to hear it didn't work @carlk318. To update the drivers of your card, simply go to the manufacturer's official website. You'll find additional info here: Finding devices and updating drivers on your PC

Additionally you could try to launch the game in admin mode. To run a game in as the Administrator on Windows 10 - Click once on the Icon for the Game or Games Manager to highlight it - Then Right-Click on it using the mouse and choose.  You should see a Menu Pop up as in the Screenshot below.  Choose the option to "Run as Administrator" - You may get an additional pop up window confirming that you wish to do this. Choose "Yes" or "Okay" and the game should now run with enhanced privileges on your Machine.

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 7 (2,044 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply.

The video driver is up to date.  The game wouldn't run with the driver that Windows installed when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so I went to Nvidia's site and downloaded and installed the most recent driver.  Made no difference.

I also tried running the game in Administrator mode and that didn't help either.  It runs fine (except for the way it looks and the graphics in between levels) in 640x480 mode, but simply will not start in any other setting.

Message 5 of 7 (2,039 Views)

Sorry to hear that didn't help either. Unfortunately I'm not sure there is anything else to be done. As Windows, and the hardware it runs on, has changed over time since the original launch of many of  games, we can’t guarantee that older games will always run properly under a new OS like Windows 10.

Message 6 of 7 (2,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,i have the same problems.

Just bought bejeweled twist through origin (black friday deal) and i cant get pass 800x600 resolution.

The message says that 3d acceleration can't be enabled on this computer but my computer is new.

Nvidia GTX 1060 with 6 gb video ram,win 10 pro 64 bit with 16 gb of ram and i7 6700@3.40 ghz.

Bejeweled 3 on the other hand is running just fine.

Just after i wrote this message and tried again,the problem got worse.

Now Bejeweled Twist won't start at all.

Error message of game stopped working and needs to close.

Compability and all the rest doesnt work.

Again,this happens only with twist.

Bejeweled 3 is running perfect.

Message 7 of 7 (1,725 Views)