[Battlefield 2142] Can't log in to Battlefield 2142

by nothingman97

Original Post

Re: [Battlefield 2142] Can't log in to Battlefield 2142

★★ Apprentice

I have found that the older games need to be linked to Pogo it runs the servers now. I had to link it to my Origin account.

Message 11 of 31 (3,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for nothing

Message 12 of 31 (3,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

If you're talking to me then what I was trying to say is you have to go into Pogo create an account then choose a name for that account. There should be a list of names for you to choose from (have no clue where they come from but they are there) choose one and make it your avatar/name/account name or some such thing you'll see what I mean when you get there then when you go into your Origin game listing and choose 2142 to play you have to login using that Pogo name that you created. Don't know why even EA doesn't know why but you have to with these older games in order for them to work it must have something to do with Pogo taking over all the older games for who knows why......I had to get EA on the horn and go over the dang thing several times myself to get it to work...the good news is if you still have trouble go to their site that has the Call Me option and have THEM call YOU (they're 24/7 btw) and they'll walk you through this dumbass hoop ya have to jump through to play 2142 and earlier games on Origin. Hope this helps.

Message 13 of 31 (3,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have the same problem. it asks to create new account, when i create new account, it keeps trying to connect to "Master Server" and says connection timed out, while internet is working fine. What is Origin, btw, is it a game client software? like Steam? I`ve created a new account on it (enabling me to write here for help) and tried loggin in, but that doesnt work either. I ve the deluxe edition and windows 7, i 5, 4gb ram, 7670 AMD 1 GB gpu

Message 14 of 31 (2,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes Origin is a seperate deal like Steam. You have to create an account in Pogo in order for the Origin game to work. What I had to do was contact EA by phone. I got to the page where you click on them to call you and they do rather quickly. Explain your situation and they'll help you get it set up to play on Origin. For some reason (I think it is because of older games) you have to create a user name and log in password in Pogo and use that in Origin.

Go to EA help and keep going filling out the blanks that pop up for the reasons you are contacting them and keep going to where you see al box on the right side that says 'Contact Us' go there and scroll down or find the one that says 'By Phone' and then go to the one that you have them call you. It is the easiest way and they will straighten it out for you. I have had to do that several times and it works trust me. Its a pain in the butt but sometimes it's the only way to resolve game issues.

You can try 866-543-5435. I went to the EA site and they have changed things around the Chat is off line and the call center is no longer listed grrrrr.

It is a huge pain to get things to work these days it use to be easy. Here is the Chat link:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/resume/500E00000089Bi0IAE/?product=battlefield-2142&platform=pc&sub...

Message 15 of 31 (2,901 Views)

★★ Apprentice

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/contact/?category=Download%2FInstallation%20Issues&platform=PC&prod...

this is the original link to the help center but it looks like they may have changed the format or it could just be temporarily down

Message 16 of 31 (2,897 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Found It!!!! Go to the bottom of the link where it says Call Me in xx minutes.

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=battlefield-2142&platform=pc&subject=Unable+to+Log+On&...

Message 17 of 31 (2,896 Views)

★★ Novice

Really appreciate your help, worked for me perfectly, although i done the online chat no problems

Message 18 of 31 (2,789 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing cant play even made new email and new user name just cant play. i have bought also from store dvd. I tried to use right passwords and no use if try to register width new account im getting answer sorry allready registered width different email and width different username they wroted to me my usernames in game but still no use if im trying password recovery  they are sending to not working email. I just dont know what to do! I have explained so many times  and there no use.

Message 19 of 31 (2,785 Views)

★★ Novice

OK, i had the exact problem and here is what i did.

Went to:

https://www.pogo.com/account/my-account/lightreg2-recover.do

and i entered all the email addresses i had over the last few years until it eventually said "we have emailed you your details etc." Instead of "email not valid"

so at this point i knew i had the right address the game was once registered to.

i then went to this address as given tazmo8448

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=battlefield-2142&platform=pc&subject=Unable+to+Log+On&...

I clicked on the live chat option, When i got through i just wrote the following.

Hi there,

I purchased a game (battlefield 2142) some time ago (about 5-6 years) when I set this game up I registered an account to my old email address I no longer have access to ([edit: email address removed])

I would either like to link this game to my current origin account, or pass the security hurdle so I am able to change the email address and gain access to this game as the CD key (26UW-PAUV-HKU4-UWPA-TRJR) is registered to the above mentioned email.

I would love to play this game again before all servers are shut down.

New email: [edit: email address removed]

Name: your name

Origin ID: your email

I was then asked one security question which was "what was your elementry school" 

as soon as i said, i was given a link and a new product code, when i clicked the link, the game was added to my origin account and started downloading., no longer needed the CD. Now doing this to all my old battlefield games.

Best of Luck

Message 20 of 31 (2,776 Views)