[Battlefield 1943] Battlefield 1943 for XBOX 360 will not connect

by golftec

Original Post

[Battlefield 1943] Battlefield 1943 for XBOX 360 will not connect

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I just bought and downloaded Battlefield 1943 with microsoft points (1200).  It asks me to log in with my EA email and password, but it just keeps saying connecting for hours.  How do I play the game I just bought?

Message 1 of 39 (23,716 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1943 for XBOX 360 will not connect

Community Manager (retired)

Hi golftec!

At first, you should check your router ports. Following ports should be open:

TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

To get sure that no corrupt data causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

If you still recognize issues with you login, it might be related to your EA ID.

In this case, please get in contact with one of our Game Advisor to check your account entitlements.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 39 (23,440 Views)

★★ Novice

I have heard that people have had trouble logging in after doing this...why is that? also my friend did that and it deleted all his games...not sure why but it did..he did exactly like you said to

Message 3 of 39 (23,427 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I just downloaded Battlefield 1943 after playing the demo and deciding it was a game I wanted. However, now that I have the full version it will not connect me. I set up an EA account and tried logging in, but it just says "connecting" and won't do anything else. I cleared my system cache and I disabled my firewall for my Xbox, but it still wouldn't connect. I can play the tutorial all I want, but for $15 I want to be able to play the game! I see where several people have had this issue in the past. What can I do to fix this problem?
Message 4 of 39 (23,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We are having the same issue. I checked ports as well as cleared the system cache and still have the connecting issue.

Message 5 of 39 (23,167 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I open this ports and cleared the xbox cach, now it´s working fine, thanks again!

Message 6 of 39 (23,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that's the exact same as me it will load for ever and never connect. And I rely want to play it. grrrrr. Frown

Message 7 of 39 (23,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having exactly the same issue.

Have checked ports, have cleared cache and it still just says "connecting"

BUT

If I log in to the xbox as another gold live member who has had Bf1943 since it came out, it loads straight away. 

EA you need to either fix this or give me my money back!

Message 8 of 39 (22,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also can testify the connecting problem is happening right now network error network failed ,A- retry B cancel, the servers are not validating our loggings, I have recommended many new customers to buy this game, I am disappointed nothing has been done, I have try your fix suggestion with any success

what's next

Message 9 of 39 (22,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

had same problem worked allright monday now nothing wont sign in

Message 10 of 39 (22,830 Views)