Re: BF2142.exe has stopped working windows 7 64 bit

by satana1980

Original Post

BF2142.exe has stopped working windows 7 64 bit

★★ Newbie

xxxxxxx

There is no choice for BF2142 so I have chosen BF3. Please do not throw this message into the depths. I purchased this game AGAIN today, and I would be grateful if you could take the time to help me get this game to work.

xxxxxxx

Hello EA forums or whatever,

I own Battlefied 2142 becaue I purchased it from GameStop years ago. The DVD can no longer be read by my computer, though I have had it working before. I have download a backup version from the internet and have used my purchased CD Key and have jumped through all the hoops to get that version to work in the past. Since I have completely reinstalled my software from a program wipe, I DO NOT want to spend the time to research how to get the software to work over valuable DAYS worth of time.

So... for that reason, I RE-PURCHASED BF2142 over EA's service caled "Origin". I thought it would be a painless method to play the game, with no worries because the Origin service would take care of any of that bs for me. I was WRONG. (Was it a mistake?)

I receive the following message when I attempt to launch the game:

bf2142.exe has stoppped working

I am running Win 7 64 bit

the software has worked on my computer before, but only after I did a bunch of bullsheist

I have tried placing the game into administrator mode. I have tried placing the game into compatibility mode for WinXPsp3
I have purchased and downloaded the software on a brand new version of EA Origin,

Please tell me what kinds of things I have to do to get the game I bought to work

Best regards,

Your Customer Jr.

Message 1 of 8 (9,271 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin digital download service,

Sorry for the bad attitude in my first post [bf2142.exe has stopped working windows 7 64 bit], but I am very frustrated with this issue at this point, and your forums are very difficult to navigate. Origin has made it very difficult to report this problem.

I know this game is old, but I don't think it should be this difficult to get a game to run which has been purched directly from a digital download service. Your company should be doing everything in its power to combat piracy, but this sort of thing encourages it.

Again, I am very frustrated at this point, but I would like to work with you to get the game running.

Best regards,

-Nex Iuguolo

Message 2 of 8 (9,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have same problem too - Windows 7 64 bit  Home Premium with SP1. The error message is ssleay32.dll missing. You will see this message, if you do not run game from Origin. But this file exists in BF core directory. Please fix it.

p.s I have reinstalled it 2x.

Message 3 of 8 (9,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@matej1978cm wrote:

I have same problem too - ssleay32.dll missing

That is not the same problem that I am having. Please do not derail my topic.

Message 4 of 8 (9,210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue as the OP. BF212.exe has stoppped working. 

I just downloaded and installed game from Origin today. I am also using Windows 7 64bit, has a resolution been provided yet?

Thanks

Message 5 of 8 (8,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, just repurchased it - it's my 4th copy, because this is the best FPS I ever played. So how do I play?

Message 6 of 8 (8,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solution found!

This post on the neoseeker forums:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/31558/t985305-bf2142-exe-has-stopped-working/

mentions that you have to delete/rename the "Battlefield 2142" folder under documents. Now I can play!

Message 7 of 8 (8,813 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

you are completely right my fried I am more then frustrated I thing ea games have to take responsibility for this game lost in time bat still one of the best product ever made I personally have tree copies of bf2142 and non of them work this is cold * I don't want the money back I want a patch for the game asap, i am i costumer, no wonder people buy game from steam i never have problem with steam infarct i thing they should give the bf2142 to steam they will get it to work again sins ea games can not fix this problem

good look with your battlefield 4 ,you have manage to destroy a beautiful product ....

Message 8 of 8 (4,898 Views)