sims 3 ... can't connect to ea download manager...

by vicky_tecwyn

Original Post

sims 3 ... can't connect to ea download manager...

★★★ Newbie

Hey My Sims 3 works fine but I cannot download stuff from the website and stuff or update my game beacuse it says 'cannot connect to ea download manager' i have just updated my download manager thing and origin is up to date but still wont let me update coz it says it it cant connect to the download manager!

Message 1 of 4 (921 Views)

Re: sims 3 ... can't connect to ea download manager...

★ Novice

Mine CONSTANTLY SAYS THIS! Even when I have a internet connection. I don't know what is going on. I know that The Sims 4 is coming out (or is out) but there are still a lot of people with 3! Hope to get an answer to this soon. 

Let me know if you hear anything. 

Message 2 of 4 (898 Views)

Message 3 of 4 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Everything seems to be updated, I try and launch my games from Origin, and it will open up The Sims 3 game launcher then I click on the play button. I am also having an issue with The Sims Create a World. ... Here are my computer specs:

Toshiba Satellite S855D

AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Installed memory (RAM) 8.00 GB (7,47 GB Usable)

System Type: 64-Bit Operating system x64 based processor

Running Windows 8.1

Game Versions:

The Sims 3 Base: 1.42.130.019001

Highend Loft Stuff: 3.0.38.004001

Night Life: 6.0.81.009001

The error I am getting from the Create a World Tool (BETA) is 

"Your currently installed version of the game is not compatible with Create-a-World. You must reinstall Create-a-World, back up your world files and uninstall Create-a-World. Then, download the new version of Create-a-World and install the new version."

I have only found one download and that is from the EA site. SIGH

Thanks! 

Angela

@alphawolf35 wrote:

@gapeaches1978 @vicky_tecwyn

Does this help? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-with-origin/td-p/186744

Message 4 of 4 (883 Views)