"You must be online when logging in for the first time"

by rawr105

Original Post

Re: "You must be online when logging in for the first time"

★★★ Newbie

Tried all the methos above, even turning off my firewall - nothing's worked.

Message 21 of 48 (3,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@ynf34 wrote:

You don't need to select a specific DNS.  All you need to do is select the circle that is for the DNS to be selected automatically.

Mine is set to automatically and it doesnt' work.

Message 22 of 48 (3,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@obergeen wrote:

Tried all the methos above, even turning off my firewall - nothing's worked.

Same here

Message 23 of 48 (3,589 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How do u do the time and date thing ?

Message 24 of 48 (3,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when i click on fifa 14 origin came up on a rectangular box and say                                                                                                                                                                  "MUST BE ONLINE WHEN LOGGING ON FOR THE FIRST TIME"                                                                                                                                                                        please origin help me football is my favourite sport and i am nothing without fifa 

Message 25 of 48 (3,539 Views)

★ Novice

I had this problem.  For days I searched on how to fix it.  Every time I reinstalled and installed I would shut off the pc and the same thing happens again.

Finally I realized my ports for Origin were closed.  I believe it may have been because of a virus.  I ran the malware programs but couldnt get it.  I finally succumbed to purchase a program in an attempt to not have to reinstall windows.

I fixed it with a malware program called  SpyHunter 4.  It also told me my connections where not right and fixed them.  Boom Origin works.  This is the first time I have ever posted but fealt compelled to do it because of the hours I spent trying to locate a fix that worked.

Message 26 of 48 (3,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problem for a month. I had EA techs send me two different fixes and they did not work. I also checked my router and security and found nothing. Tried reinstalling and the same thing. Finally today, I use the latest Norton Internet Security, I used a provision in Norton that says Repair Tool. I had never used it but I thought what the hey, nothing else worked. I ran it and it came up with two errors in the registry. It recommended removing one and repairing the other. I ran it and then it said it discovered some problems with Java and I should remove all of the older ones listed in the system. I did, rebooted and walla, my origin login popped up, I logged in and it is working great. I have no idea which of the problems, or if all contributed but Nortons repair tool was a great present. Do not know if any have this but if you do and it is still not working, run the repair tool and I hope it works for you as it did for me.

Message 27 of 48 (3,367 Views)

★★★ Novice

This worked for me, thank-you very much! 

Message 28 of 48 (3,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didn't work for me either

Message 29 of 48 (2,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting the same message too,and I don't know what they mean by "change the time and date settings".And I did what what'sher/hisname told me to do but i went in there and i don't HAVE a network adapter.There is no solution to this exept for one:Go to the Origin website,sign in,Press the X,(or safari>quit safari)And ssign in with the installer.Wich dosen't work.Confusedmileyfrustrated:I really want to play the sims.I've waited 3 years for this and now it won''t work.Do I have to wait another year?

Message 30 of 48 (2,925 Views)