"The product code you entered is not valid" when attempting to redeem purchased games

by gritts07

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"The product code you entered is not valid" when attempting to redeem purchased games

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have a number of older EA games which I am attempting to enter into my Origin account. So far I have only had luck with SIMS 3. When I enter a registration code either with or without hyphens, I receive the same message: "The product code you entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly."

The games I have encounterd this with thusfar are:

SIMS 2 and its various expansion and stuff packs

SIMCITY Societies, SIMCITY Societies Destinations

BATTLEFIELD Complete Collections (I have 2 copies)

SPORE Creep & Cute parts pack claims the code has already been used. (I recall attempting this in the past with the invalid code message) Only the SPORE game shows in my list.

Many moons ago I used to have an older EA account before it was merged with Origin which I believe my SIMS 2 products were registered. The SPORE games I received post Origin startup.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time and assistance.

Message 1 of 11 (17,752 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "The product code you entered is not valid" when attempting to red

Community Manager

@gritts07 Hi,

The availability of the EA Game Advisors depends on your region. For example, if you are located in North America, the live chat should be available around the clock.

If you are experiencing issues with the live chat, you can try either of the below:

Let us know whether you are able to proceed with the live chat afterwards.

Thank you,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (18,510 Views)

All Replies

Re: "The product code you entered is not valid" when attempting to redeem purchased games

EA Staff

Please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance with this issue:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Type in the name of the affected game
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 2 of 11 (17,716 Views)

★★ Novice

I have attempted to contact the support team and the link for the chat returns an "unknown page" error. The case I opened shows as pending 4 times now. Unfortunately I am not able to contact anyone during day light hours. What hours do the game advisers operate?

Any other suggestions? I have also tried the old game code registration page at: https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do as suggested by a page here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/ (section regarding older titles)

My copy of SimCity4 Deluxe fails as well.

Message 3 of 11 (17,451 Views)

Community Manager

@gritts07 Hi,

The availability of the EA Game Advisors depends on your region. For example, if you are located in North America, the live chat should be available around the clock.

If you are experiencing issues with the live chat, you can try either of the below:

Let us know whether you are able to proceed with the live chat afterwards.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 4 of 11 (18,511 Views)

★★ Novice

I used another browser (IE in this case) and opened another case. This time there were no errors with my chat session. I was able to work with the support person and resolve the issues I had registering my games. I tend to avoid IE so I did not try it. It seemed when I clicked on the chat button while using Chrome, an invalid link was being used which sent me to a "404" page. I assumed it was an issue with the chat button. I clear the browser cache when I run into issues as a rule. 

Thank you for suggesting the alternate browser option, that allowed me to contact support via chat.

Message 5 of 11 (17,418 Views)

Community Manager
I am glad to hear that you were able to get in touch with the EA Game Advisor. Thanks for letting us know what the issue was in the end.

Cheers,
Nils
Message 6 of 11 (17,392 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried using a different browser as well, but my issue remains. I am not receiving an error message, but am forever in the "Please wait while we connect you to an EA Game Advisor." loading screen.
My internet is working just fine in all other areas...

Message 7 of 11 (16,837 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The anomalous behaviors aren't limited to Chrome.  The real problem is the hypersensitivity of EA's website software to various add-ons / plugins used in browsers, as well as to occasional baggage stored in the browser cache. 

You need to flush any cached items, and disable any plugins, then reboot your PC.

Message 8 of 11 (16,829 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@StephanieSims 

You have received a suggestion about accessing the Help Center. 

Message 9 of 11 (16,816 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hmmm...Clicked on this, as it said "solved." but it was not. All it says is that they got through to help on EA. But what about the product code for the disc being called invalid???.

Message 10 of 11 (10,939 Views)