Re: live chat does not work

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

live chat does not work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Live chat in ea.help does not work.

I changed the language to English, the U.S. chose to profile.
Live chat button does not work what to do?

how to enable live chat????

Message 1 of 13 (10,018 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Did you choose a game, a platform and a category ? Live chat does not show up for each game and not at every time.

What game do you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (10,756 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you choose a game, a platform and a category ? Live chat does not show up for each game and not at every time.

What game do you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (10,757 Views)

★★ Novice

The problem is the button is blue.
An advisor is available in 5 to 10 minutes.

But you can click the button nothing happens!

Check your firefox addons. "Do not track +" was the error for me. I allowed tracking for ea.com and it worked.

Message 3 of 13 (9,934 Views)

★★★ Novice

Turning off the "Do not Track"-feature of Firefox did it for me. Chat window will open now.

Unfortunately after a half hour of waiting it still says "Your approximate wait time is under 5 minutes."...

Message 4 of 13 (9,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It does not work with Canasta.  It does let me do impressions, but will not let me type but one time, then it is dead.

Message 5 of 13 (9,210 Views)

★ Novice

didn't work !

Message 6 of 13 (9,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@schokolabbi wrote:

Turning off the "Do not Track"-feature of Firefox did it for me. Chat window will open now.

Unfortunately after a half hour of waiting it still says "Your approximate wait time is under 5 minutes."...

The timer mechanism for Live Chat runs in some entirely different timestream, where time runs much differently than here.  You have to ignore it,

Message 7 of 13 (9,014 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@gracethemace wrote:

didn't work !

Try this link.

Since you are experiencing crashes issues I've selected General technical support instead of Gameplay/In-Game and now Live chat should be available to you. 

Before contacting support though, I would recommend you to check the awesome sticky from crinrict as it may contain useful information for you: [FAQ] Game Crashes (CTD). Or if you need help with that, please create a new thread with all the information our helpers need to help you.

Message 8 of 13 (8,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mahjong safari....my chat is shown I just can't type and send.....VERY Frustrating!

Thank you

Alos, why is it so hard to get questions answered, it used to be easy then a yr or 2 ago you went to this EA HQ and I can NEVER get a question answered, when I type in search the answers aren't even close to what I'm looking for.  VERY confusing!!!!

Message 9 of 13 (8,856 Views)

★★★ Novice

Turning off AdBlock on Chrome fixed it for me.

Message 10 of 13 (7,848 Views)