installed but still downloading

by kxngxkxmxri

Original Post

Accepted Solution

installed but still downloading

★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled my Sims 3 game and decided to reinstall it so I could play recently. The first problem I encountered was the Origin disappeared from my computer without me uninstalling. So, I go to reinstalled it and I get a popup staying it's already installed. I think "weird" but then choose to reinstall it anyway because I can't find it at all on my laptop. After that I get to downloading my Sims 3 base game and all the extensions that I had bought and this took forever but I figured it was just because my computer is a few years old and that's a lot of files to install. FInal this evening origin said the installation was complete and when I hover over Sims 3 in the "my games" tab it gives me the option to play but the problem is that when I click that bottom or try to play from my computer directly I get a popup from origin saying that the game is still downloading and that playing it can negatively effect that game. It's been at 88% "downloaded" for about half an hour now. Anyone have a solution for this?

Message 1 of 2 (180 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: installed but still downloading

★★★ Expert

Did the game finish downloading? If not please exit Origin completely, the right click and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR to open it again. Allow it to update if it needs to, it will do that automatically if needed. When it lets you, log in and see if your game will run or finish downloading now.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (181 Views)

All Replies

Re: installed but still downloading

★★★ Expert

Did the game finish downloading? If not please exit Origin completely, the right click and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR to open it again. Allow it to update if it needs to, it will do that automatically if needed. When it lets you, log in and see if your game will run or finish downloading now.

Message 2 of 2 (182 Views)