I forgot my EA Account security question

by michciu961

Original Post

Re: i forgot my security question on origin and i can't change my name.

Community Manager

@Catheriner1992 @magisterd Hi,

Note: If you think your FIFA account has been compromised, there is a different process. For all other concerns, please use the steps below.

If you believe someone else has gained access to your EA Account, you can get help restoring your account security and update your security question from one of our EA Advisors. To reach support without signing in, open an Account Security ticket. At the bottom of the login form, you will see the option, "Having trouble accessing your account?" Click that link to proceed.

Click the link labelled

Be sure to have as much of the following as possible when speaking with the advisor:

• Access to the original email account on your EA Account 
  • Access to the Internet or a gaming console the account is linked to 
  • Any invoice numbers or product codes from games you have purchased

Once you are again able to access your account, please review our detailed instructions on maintaining your account security. We particularly encourage you to make use of our Login Verification feature.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now/

Note: Once on the support site, click on the flag in the top left corner and select your country. If yours is not listed, you may need to place an international call. Read more about it here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Thank you,

Nils

Message 191 of 384 (1,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello

I also got hacked yesterday by a russian person. (country was changed to Russian Federation)

I managed to restore my password via email, but same problem. Not able to change my ID because of security question.

Can you please help me via Email? I'm from Luxembourg and didn't managed to set my phone on my account.

Sended a email to [edit: email address removed], but not sure if it is the right one to do it.

Thank you

EDIT: ok I managed to make the change. I tried out the youtube videos. I don't have Fifa, but doing that request updated my account to security codes via email, which allowed me to access everything. Thank you

Message 192 of 384 (1,188 Views)

★ Novice

Hello i hope you can respond to me . my account was hacked so badly that i am unable to contact ea support it asks me to talk to EA support from usa but im from north europe and im unable to do anykind of contact to ea i cant EMAIL YOu guys or make a ticket ... im desperate ive spent couple hrs trying to contact you and nothing is working so this is kinda my last resort. but yes my account was hacked i recovered it and they changed my secret question somehow no idea how they did it... should i not recieve warnings from ea if they get hacked so i can rescue my account ... nvm but plz i need help change my secret password please

Message 193 of 384 (1,178 Views)

★★ Novice

same problem here, hacked by probably a russian, putted the school that i was in and now i can't do anything. the https://help.ea.com/en/chat/initialize/ never answers and i am kinda worried that i cannot find any solution at all. any help here? 

ps1: the call center support does not include my country so....

Message 194 of 384 (1,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi guys !

Same problem here. Just for the record : it's the first time I experienced an "external" access to one of all my account allover the Internet (and it's on my EA account ... No quick conclusion ... Wondering).

BTW, even if most of you are like me and have strong passwords/never tell personal information on Internet/Online games you have seen your account's user ID changed into a random one and your location set to Russian Federation (+ the add of a "{(security)}" question).

For sure the phone call to an EA Advisor could solve the problem but it is so time consuming ! And during working hours ...

So, as previously posted in 4 or 5 answers, the solution is explained in many youtube videos and it takes 10min maximum without any need to call someone during the day :

A first video (youtube)

Or this one (YouTube too)

The process is the same : by clicking on a specific FIFA link (note I have never played to FIFA) you are proposed to update the security of your account (great right ???) by adding the 2 steps authentication.

These videos were just sooooo helpful for me as I managed to change my user ID, security question AND add new security to my EA account (which clearly needed it !!).

Hope this will be useful for you too Angel.

Message 195 of 384 (1,154 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I want to know how to get it Back
Message 196 of 384 (1,111 Views)

★ Novice

This system is complete *. What is the point of a freaking password?!

Message 197 of 384 (1,061 Views)

★ Novice
Agree, EA is stupid to make this security system.
i forget the answer , want to change the question. But i have to answer the question get permit to change.
Message 198 of 384 (928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really don't understand the purpose with the security question if you are logged in, I'm logged on and still I need to type my security question which I have forgot.

Such stupid. And now I try to find a way of having it solved, yeah right, easier to win the lotto I would say,

Origin are the MOST unfriendly pieace of software I ever saw.

There will be no more purchases from Origin, that's for sure, I even concider to purchase the games I have from shop, no more money from me Origin!!!!!!

Message 199 of 384 (893 Views)

★★ Novice

Russians... I can't even read my security question, I don't speak that language... this is so dumb. Congrats EA for being the very best with your security...

Message 200 of 384 (864 Views)