Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why is origin downloader so slow?

by piri3151

Original Post

Why is origin downloader so slow?

★★ Newbie

This is the crappiest software I have ever used. Downloading the sims 3 takes 3 hours. Thats crap! Adobe CS5 took 2.5 hours less than this crappy software! Go back to the old way!

Message 1 of 21 (6,477 Views)

Re: GET RID OF ORIGIN!

★★★ Apprentice

What are your downloading speeds and what's the max your connection allows?

Message 2 of 21 (6,437 Views)

Re: Why is origin downloader so slow?

★★★★ Newbie

I have the same question!  So far, Sims3 Seasons has taken almost 2 hours, is only 35% complete and still has a whopping 3 hours to go!!  This is beyond nuts...and in this day and age, totally unacceptable!  I had faster download times in 1995 with a 2400 baud modem!!

Message 3 of 21 (6,382 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here.

Got 12Mbit/s / 0,8Mbit/s (Down/Uppload speed).

I can download from example steam with the speed of 1,3-1,6MB/s, but origin = 134-145KB/s.

Downloaded the sims over 7hrs now, and still got 3,42hours left...

Message 4 of 21 (6,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just brought DEad Space and it going to take over 5 hours and counting. Steam would do it under an hour easliy.... how can you provide a half a$$ service??? EA sharpen up, not buying online with you any more. Back to steam I go Standard smile

Message 5 of 21 (6,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Strange, I have a 6Mb/s download speed on a good day, but I download from origin at about 700-800KB/s.

Message 6 of 21 (6,133 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

the**bleep**' origin only seven and a half more hours left untill crysis3 is done -_-

Message 7 of 21 (6,100 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

ohh and im not exaggerating

Message 8 of 21 (6,097 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think it's a pretty universal issue. My max speed with Origin is 50KB/sec, which is just ridiculous. I spent about an hour just downloading a patch, only to have it tell me "invalid file found", with no kind of explanation whatsoever. So now I have to uninstall and reinstall the whole game, expansion packs included, because it won't even tell me what the alleged invalid file is. I've never pirated a single Sims 3 game, out of support for the Maxis team; how could I possibly have any invalid files? And I won't even know if the issue is resolved until after downloading the patch again, at the same plodding pace. So much for a relaxing evening with my favorite game...

Message 9 of 21 (6,090 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hello All,

I am here to here to help with all of your Crysis 3 & Origin download speed/issues.

I have writen what to do and the best way to download Crysis 3 if you find Origin is downloading too slowly here: http://pastebin.com/a3cDvDyw

Hope this will help a lot of people

Message 10 of 21 (6,089 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

We stand by our games

Submit a refund request if you're not completely satisfied with your purchase.

View more on EA Help