Why doesn't origin work on a mac?

by l0v3ly_N_pink

Original Post

Why doesn't origin work on a mac?

★ Novice

All,

Please. I'm begging you. I need help.

For the life of me, I can't get origin to work on my Mac. I've tried the following: uninstalling, restarting my mac, reinstalling; installing from different browsers; running disc utility; changing the color settings on the display; and finally calling EA. After 2 hours, I recieved very little help from someone who didn't really seem to know what he was doing.

Everytime I try to open origin, it opens, bounces on the dock, but then goes to the finder. The "light" is still on under the orange icon of origin, but when I click it, nothing comes up. 

At this point, I'm really tired and frustrated because all I want to do is play an EA game, The Sims 4. But when there isn't a hard-disc Mac version, and Origin doesn't work for Mac, it's isolating to so many players.

I really don't understand why I have to go through the trouble of adding a different tool, like winebottler or virtualization, to open a windows operating system on my Mac. Can't we just get the software to work as it's supposed to?

Please, can anyone help?

Sincerely,

Defeated and Dismal 

Message 1 of 5 (4,292 Views)

Re: Why doesn't origin work on a mac?

EA Staff

Could you please try the steps in the following thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-download-error-in-OS-X-Yosemite/td-p/3222649?

Message 2 of 5 (4,268 Views)

★★ Novice

I too have tried ALL of these steps, I bought sims 3 online and then got gifted Sims 4 as a hard disk version. I cannot get Origin to work at all and no one replies to my emails or is helpful at all. I want this resolved immediately or want refunds for both games. I don't understand why this system is so flawed. 

Message 3 of 5 (3,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same EXACT problem! It's extremely frustrating. I bought sims 4 and i can't launch it because origin won't open. I've tried everything.

Message 4 of 5 (3,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. Origin will bounce on the dock for 2 milliseconds, then "crash" or go away, or whatever in the hell is happening. Tried all the above options. The * part is that before the update to origin a few months ago, it worked fine, now it has all turned to *. I feel like we are all just SOL because EA doesn't care and no one can seem to come up with a solution. Frown

Message 5 of 5 (3,144 Views)