Unlinking accounts (GAMERTAG, PSN ID)

by SeanStev

Original Post

Re: Updating your linked account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Message 61 of 105 (3,120 Views)

Re: Unlinking accounts (GAMERTAG, PSN ID)

★★★ Newbie

This is the response I got from Origin:

Sorry to say due to some technical reason our expert team stop unlinking the PSN from any EA Origin account.

Message 62 of 105 (2,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SO WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GONNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS?

Message 63 of 105 (2,943 Views)

★ Novice

either the support staff are lying or you are, cause I've spoken to three seperate representatives who said tat unlinking accounts wasn't possiblle

Message 64 of 105 (2,904 Views)

Re: Gamertag

★★★ Newbie

I am online with an EA Advisor right now and I don't even know if he/she is there. Am I supposed to file a complain for how lousy your services are? Cause I am pretty pissed off now.

Message 65 of 105 (2,888 Views)

★ Novice

This bloody service is so lame, helped me once out of 10 times contacting them, EAs games are glitchy and all of that stuff

Message 66 of 105 (2,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My account Cwf12345 should be unlinked from my PS4 account Cwf123. Instead, I will link it to my current EA account Cwf97.

Message 67 of 105 (2,722 Views)

★ Novice

EA consultant also told me I cant unlink my PSN account from the incorrect Origin account that it is currently linked to.

Their customer support is TERRIBLE!!!

Message 68 of 105 (2,651 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

im having same issue.. been speaking to ea for 4 hours on chat i got know where fast on this matter!! its a complete joke. i dont remeber anything of the ea account linked other than the old email it is connected with and they cant find ote on the system, surly it must be there if its comin up on my xbox 1

Message 69 of 105 (2,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I see this is an old topic and a lot of people have posted in it, which means that people will come here looking for help in the future. So I hope my post can clarify some things at least a little bit.

So just like many people in this topic, I wanted to unlink my PSN account from my old EA account and link it with my new EA account. I had had my old account deleted years before, totally forgetting about it, and, after creating a new EA account a few day ago, had tried to link my PSN account to the new EA account, only to find that I couldn't because, apparently, it was still linked to my old EA account. And because of this I couldn't play Battlefield 3 multiplayer. So I managed to start a live chat with an EA adviser (twice, actually, but only the second chat matters) and was told that they were unable to unlink PSN accounts from any EA account. I see many have said that they have been told this too, so just forget about unlinking, people. I know, it's stupid, I don't know why we can't do it ourselves, but whatever, we just can't.

However, what the adviser was able to do was they could swap the e-mails of my two EA accounts, basically meaning that my old account would become my new account and vice versa. In other words, my PSN account would be linked to a "valid" EA account, and not a deleted / "invalid" one. The adviser told me this would solve the problem and that I would be able to play BF3 thanks to this. And today I talked to my mom over the phone, talking her through the complicated process of turning a PS3 on, entering a game and choosing "multiplayer", lol, and she could actually get to the multiplayer menu (before that I had only gotten the message: "The connection with EA Online was lost"), which meant that the e-mail swapping had worked and had solved my problem.

So yeah. You could ask about unlinking your PSN account, but it will most likely be impossible. In such a case, try asking about e-mail swapping if the adviser doesn't mention it themselves.

Also, if you use this and are unable to start a live chat (for example, you only get offered to call EA on the phone, and you cannot or don't want to do it), then try choosing some other problem, for example Origin --> PC --> "Manage my account" --> "Can't log in". I know, this is isn't actually your problem, but it'll allow you to start a live chat and then you can explain your real problem.

Hopefully this will help at least somebody. Good luck, people!

Message 70 of 105 (2,534 Views)