Unlinking accounts (GAMERTAG, PSN ID)

by SeanStev

Original Post

Re: Unlinking accounts (GAMERTAG, PSN ID)

Community Manager (retired)

@DCAustin007 

Thanks for your input DCAustin007 - This is most likely a misunderstanding. Please allow me some time to clarify this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Message 31 of 105 (4,217 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@DCAustin007 wrote:

No offense Najat, but have you ever tried speaking to a CS rep about this issue?  It litterally sends you in circles between EA and Sony, and niether party seems to know what the other is doing or is capable of.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@DCAustin007 

So I have checked, you do not need to contact Sony Playstation or Microsoft when you want to unlink your accounts. However you have to contact us via phone. For this particular query, you'll be asked a number of questions to assure account ownership and this is the reason why they need to talk to you directly via phone.

On the help center, can you see the "Call me now" option? Clicking Call me will allow a Game Advisor to call you back - (here is the link)

If you do not see this option or if the contact number is not displayed please let us know.

Message 32 of 105 (4,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I see no have unlink disconnect. Where is disconnect???

I want remove MIELEC_BournE

http://i.imgur.com/JX0uzlE.png

Message 33 of 105 (4,125 Views)

Community Manager

@e527e7d8dcdab560 Hi,

You will need to contact an EA Game Advisor, they will be able in assisting you with the unlinking of MIELEC_Bourne: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

This article here describes how: https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#2

Log in with your Origin account and choose a "Product", "Category" and "Platform" to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 34 of 105 (4,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Today i talk chat from EA help is hope help and fast right.

Message 35 of 105 (4,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe my PSN tag is somehow attached to my old EA account that existed before Origin. Apparently, it didn't transfer over and now you cannot attach it to Origin, because *surprise* it's already attached. Of course, I have no way of verifying this. The old account is dead.

I suppose it wouldn't be a big deal, except now I cannot use any EA games online with any of my Sony products. I am lucky I only wasted money on the Mass Effect Trilogy, which won't log in to Cerberus and claims I'm to young for the internet or something (hint: I was old enough to drink before the internet became a "thing")

I don't see how I can ever buy additional EA products on any Sony platform again, because I now know they will not work correctly. EA technical support? Three HOURS wait for a CHAT BOX, just to be told they can't help you.

Yeah, good luck guys.

Message 36 of 105 (3,852 Views)

Re: Gamertag

★★★ Newbie

It won't let me choose xbox...

Message 37 of 105 (3,714 Views)

Re: Gamertag

Community Manager

@ZetheKing Hi,

What  are you trying to do exactly?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 38 of 105 (3,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant acces my old EA account thats linked to my PSN account, i need them unlinked.

Anyone has a solution?

Message 39 of 105 (3,644 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd like to add something to this topic.

I just got off a very long chat after a 30 minute wait asking if I could unlink my Origin account from my XBL gamertag, so that I could move it to my new Origin account that is my actual Origin account-- the old one was one that was made in 2012, one that hasn't been used since... 2012.

What I was told is that the only way to unlink the two would also cause all of my save data, downloads and purchases to be completely wiped.

Obviously this is unacceptable, but it's the only solution I was offered. I cannot unlink the two myself, even though I have control of both accounts. The only way to do it is at a total detriment to my original account, which also has two other gamertags associated with it.

Congratulations, EA. This is the worst service in the world.

Message 40 of 105 (3,411 Views)