Unlinking accounts (GAMERTAG, PSN ID)

by SeanStev

Original Post

Re: Unlinking accounts (GAMERTAG, PSN ID)

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone figured it out?  I'm going to spam the twitter account, see if that gets a response.

Message 21 of 105 (13,565 Views)

★ Novice

so i know this thread is old, but hopefully someone can help me, I just had a live chat with a EA advisor, and i was told that i had to call microsoft to unlink my gamertag from my origin account? that doesnt really make sense to me, so can someone confirm that that is actually what i need to do? or should i just call EA support? 

Message 22 of 105 (12,304 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Good luck if you call, but let us know here if you do, I've tried to do this many time's and every avenue ends up in a circle or a dead phone number.   I've had the wrong Origin account tied to my PSN ID for years.

Message 23 of 105 (12,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's late Feb 2014 and I can't find any info on this.  I let a friend borrow my PS3 and now a PSN-ID is tied to some fake gmail email address that my friend's little nephew made. So stupid.

My main PSN ID is all fine, I didn't give them the password to it...thankfully.

Message 24 of 105 (12,195 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is not solved.  The EA support page tells us to log into the Origin client, and go to account management and unlink the PSN ID from there,

http://imgur.com/8qKB0Xh

Why is this still an issue!

Message 25 of 105 (11,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there is no "disconnect" button next to the gamertag/PSN ID that is linked on the account. It just lists everything linked. You can revoke access though to the next gen consoles that currently aren't linked that Origin supposes you will link in the future upon purchasing (eg. I linked Xbox 360, they guessed I'll link xbox one when and if I get one, so I had the option to revoke access to Xbox One on this account).

Message 26 of 105 (11,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Im fed up with EA.. I almost pre-ordered the new Battlefield until I remembered how shi$$y their support is. They should have fixed this issue when the game came out like AGES ago.. Its BS

Message 27 of 105 (11,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

If you are having a problem unlinking accounts contact EA Customer Services for assistance: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin

Message 28 of 105 (11,732 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@circaemergee  - @kmatone85 

This article has been updated since this message was posted.

Just like said, you have to contact a Game advisor. 

• To remove a Connected Account from your Origin Account, simply contact one of our game advisors who will be happy to help.
    Source
Message 29 of 105 (11,727 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No offense Najat, but have you ever tried speaking to a CS rep about this issue?  It litterally sends you in circles between EA and Sony, and niether party seems to know what the other is doing or is capable of.

Message 30 of 105 (11,723 Views)