Star Wars Battlefront install from DVD: Key in use

by aeth0r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Battlefront install from DVD: Key in use

★ Novice

Installing Star Wars Battlefront, Jakku Edition from DVD and I accidentally closed the install dialog after redeeming the key. When trying to go through installation again this dialog tells me the key is in use.

When logging in to Origin client the game doesn't appear. Again when attempting to redeem the key through the client it claims the key is in use. Yet I can't access the game through the client to continue the installation.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6 (1,008 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star Wars Battlefront install from DVD: Key in use

EA DICE Team

@aeth0r,

I checked again and it does seem you registered the promo code, not the game code. Can you please use the 20-digit code found on the black and white booklet?

--Tom

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,054 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@aeth0r,

You most likely redeemed the Jakku key. Please find the black and white booklet that came with your game and redeem that 20-digit code found on there. You should now be able to see the game appear within Origin.

--Tom

Message 2 of 6 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Attached is a screenshot. I've tried redeeming the key through the client (as in screenshot) and reloading my games. I've tried redeeming it via the web client and the EA portal. I have tried uninstalling the client and cleared out any origin related files before re-installing.

Is there any chance the key was not redeemed against my account correctly because of quitting the process before it was finished? i.e. leaving an orphaned key marked as taken.

If in that case anyone has the power to reset/attach to my account I would be grateful. I can provide proof of key and purchase.

Message 3 of 6 (986 Views)

EA DICE Team

@aeth0r,

I checked again and it does seem you registered the promo code, not the game code. Can you please use the 20-digit code found on the black and white booklet?

--Tom

Message 4 of 6 (1,055 Views)

★ Novice

Wow, I am an actual muppet Standard smile

Thanks for checking, I had basically given up.

Message 5 of 6 (910 Views)

EA DICE Team

@aeth0r,

Glad we figured it out.. :-)

Message 6 of 6 (892 Views)