Running Origin on Windows 8

by wdtvandsound

Original Post

Re: Running Origin on Windows 8

Community Manager

@jjb54 Hi,

Have you already tried the solution that was provided here? http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Running-Origin-on-Windows-8/m-p/1097862#M25846

Cheers,

Nils

Message 61 of 76 (2,057 Views)

★ Novice

My origin lets me sign in but then the next screen is just a small box that cannot be resized running windows 8.1 

Message 62 of 76 (1,427 Views)

Community Manager

@jlusco Hi,

Can you try reducing your screen resolution?

1. Right-click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution. 
  2. Reduce the resolution as much as possible. 
  3. Save the changes.  
  4. Revert back to the usual resolution and restart the computer. 

If that does not work, you may want to try adjusting the color mode settings within Windows for your monitor:

1. Exit Origin (if you can't exit it normally, try opening Task Manager and use End Process on Origin).
  2. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
  3. Click Advanced settings, and then click the Monitor tab.
  4. Under Colors, select True Color (32 bit), and then click OK.
  5. Launch Origin again.

Let me know whether that resolves the issue.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 63 of 76 (1,410 Views)

★ Novice

It is working now. Thank you

Message 64 of 76 (1,403 Views)

Community Manager

Awesome, thank you for the confirmation!

Message 65 of 76 (1,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried running on a windows 8 all it says is log in unavaliable then it says off line log in is unavaliable as well becuase it is my first time logging in and I must be online but my connection is perfectly fine and everything works.

Message 66 of 76 (1,194 Views)

Re: Running Origin on Windows 8 Fix 5-6-13 "An unknown error has occurred. Please restart Origi

★ Novice

it does not slove the main problem (origin dosent run on windows 8 you cant install it

Message 67 of 76 (1,114 Views)

★★ Novice
Everybody is upset. But there can be a solution. Someone said to right click the originsetup file and click on properties. Make it it compatible with Windows 7 then click OK. It installed on my WINDOWS 8 laptop. Voila!
Message 68 of 76 (893 Views)

Re: Origin Will Launch on Windows 8

★★★ Newbie
I know this post was several years ago and that origin and windows have had a lot of updates since this post and forum but I am actually using origin right now to install my sim games xx Bai xx
Message 69 of 76 (747 Views)

★★ Novice

My was not working either so now it works. If you have the update tool delate it. I delete it and now my game works.

Message 70 of 76 (709 Views)