Redeemed a code, but where is my game?

by Kateness8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Redeemed a code, but where is my game?

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I just bought the new Stuff Pack for Sims 4. I redeemed my code and everything looked fine. But it's not showing up in the My Games library.

I'm assuming I need to install it, but how can I do that if I can't find it? 

Thanks in advance for your help! Standard smile

Kate

Message 1 of 16 (8,740 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Redeemed a code, but where is my game?

★★★★ Novice

Alright. Figured it out for myself. But just in case anyone else is wondering the same thing, I thought I would post how I solved it.

I had to click on the Sims 4 game in my library, click the little "i" icon for More Details, then when it opened up the page I could scroll down for more. There it shows Stuff Packs and Expansions and Game Packs and whatever. Hovering over my new purchase gave me an option to Download it. 

It shows my "Installation is Complete" but it still doesn't show up as an icon in my My Games. I hope it's all good, but Idk why it isn't shown.

All in all it's a pretty dumb way of installing a new game. It should be waaaay easier than that. I spent more time trying to find the fix on how to find it and install it, than it took to actually install. And that's pretty lame. There should really be a better way. Confusedmileysad:

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (10,668 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Alright. Figured it out for myself. But just in case anyone else is wondering the same thing, I thought I would post how I solved it.

I had to click on the Sims 4 game in my library, click the little "i" icon for More Details, then when it opened up the page I could scroll down for more. There it shows Stuff Packs and Expansions and Game Packs and whatever. Hovering over my new purchase gave me an option to Download it. 

It shows my "Installation is Complete" but it still doesn't show up as an icon in my My Games. I hope it's all good, but Idk why it isn't shown.

All in all it's a pretty dumb way of installing a new game. It should be waaaay easier than that. I spent more time trying to find the fix on how to find it and install it, than it took to actually install. And that's pretty lame. There should really be a better way. Confusedmileysad:

Message 2 of 16 (10,669 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for your feedback, we will pass that on. That said, we are glad to that you resolved this issue and do wish you fun with your game!
Message 3 of 16 (8,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I redeemed a game code for my new MAC, but it is not available in my games. This is incredibly frustrating. I have tried going back to re-enter the game code, but it shows that it has already been redeemed. You give very limited instructions on how to redeem the codes in the physical purchases, most of which seems out of date. I don't understand how your system recognizes that my code has been redeemed, but doesn't allow me to download the game! Please remedy as soon as possible.

Message 4 of 16 (8,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

omg thank you so much! I was about ready to throw my laptop! I agree that is a dumb way to download a game and it should at least be in the help section to explain it!

Message 5 of 16 (8,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@cbridgford87 

No one at Answer HQ has either the access or the responsibility to "remedy" problems with the Origin Distribution System.  You'll need a Game Adviser, it would seem. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2161...

Message 6 of 16 (8,633 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Your question was answered. 

Message 7 of 16 (8,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you so much it work!!!!

Message 8 of 16 (8,394 Views)

Community Manager

@baileygrainger21 Glad to hear that, thanks for letting us know.

Have fun with your game. Standard smile

Message 9 of 16 (8,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem on mine. I got the GAme pack and Stuff pack for Christmas and did the instructions but the game was not in my library. I can't find the game in my library..help!

Message 10 of 16 (6,308 Views)