Possible fix for 0xc000007b application error issues.

by ArhounrHaight

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Possible fix for 0xc000007b application error issues.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I found the fix to this.... At least for me.  Your mileage may vary.   I have been fighting with this error for 3 days now and i finally got it working tonight:

Steps i recommend before doing these steps:

- Make sure all drivers are up to date.   This includes clean installs of C++ and VCredist (instructions on how to do this are all over this forum - note the instructions below will BOTH have you reinstall directx,  which is also something you should do)

- clean boot

- repair game files

Go here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URMlXK0_Mfk

follow instructions (extremely easy,  shows you step by step if you have eyes and can read,  you can do this).

If that does not work,   try here as well.    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqfgzy7x1wo

I personally rebooted after the second one just on a whim,  i don't know if you need to or not to get it to work,  but it worked for me.

Note each of these archives that the vids will show you how to download consist of about 6-8 .dll files,  and you will have to extract them,  copy them and manually paste them into your C:/Windows/SYSTEMWOW64 file (vids will show how to do it).

Note,  i had to do both.   First one got rid of the igoproxy application error,  and one of 3 application errors for DA:I's .exe file,   the second one got rid of the other two.

THis FINALLY got this game to start working,  i've been playing without a stutter, crash,  black screen or further issue (and there's still not a **bleep** official reply from anyone at EA about this issue except asking for a dxdiag by one person across 5 threads about it.... meanwhile we have 300 replies on "omg i can't download my digital soundtrack!"

I have no idea if this will help fix black screen of death or not,  but if you're having 0xc000007b errors,  it can't hurt to try.   I was 1 or 2 attempts from requesting a refund for the game until i tried this.

Anywho,   if anyone is having the 0xc000007b application errors i highly recommend the fixes above ; worked for me!   I'm running a mid 500's Nvidia card,  quad core i5 3.3 mhz processor,  16 megs of ram.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Message 1 of 10 (18,886 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Possible fix for 0xc000007b application error issues.

★★★ Newbie

This is what I did to fix it. 

I tried reinstalling from the full origin client (at the time of writing this, it was 124,586KB).  I noticed it would fail just after unzipping OriginUpdate_9_10_2_4863.  I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin (of whatever folder your Origin is installed in) and found the OriginUpdate_9_10_2_4863.zip file, unzipped it, then installed the vcredist_x64 first, followed by the vcredist_x86 next.  I then tried Origin, and it works fine.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (18,593 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just for completeness, I will copy and paste the response from another thread where we solved the issue for many people as well.

This solution only works for a 64-bit system. It requires replacing files is system32 directory so be careful. Only attempt this solution if you are confident and if other solutions have failed. When Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured it may cause 0xc00007b error. Firstly download the zip file [Link Removed - Admin.] and decompress it. Reboot in safe mode and go to C:\Windows\System32. copy all files included in the zip package (mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll) to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones. After that reboot in normal mode.

Message 2 of 10 (18,860 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks WynnSol.... i tried this from that other thread but it didn't work for me (i'm sure it did in part,  but it was not until i tried the two steps above that i noticed some,  and then all,  respectively,  of the application errors were solved).

Still,  they can't hurt either i'm sure,  so thank you for posting.

Message 3 of 10 (18,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Just keeping it concise. Glad it worked!
Message 4 of 10 (18,799 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

If you are still experiencing this, we would recommend that you download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=13523

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 10 (18,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried reinstalling from the full origin client (at the time of writing this, it was 124,586KB).  I noticed it would fail just after unzipping OriginUpdate_9_10_2_4863.  I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin (of whatever folder your Origin is installed in) and found the OriginUpdate_9_10_2_4863.zip file, unzipped it, then installed the vcredist_x64 first, followed by the vcredist_x86 next.  I then tried Origin, and it works fine.

Message 6 of 10 (18,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@rtdbryanfantana wrote:

thanks,you're awesone Standard smile

Message 7 of 10 (15,033 Views)

Community Manager

@Lunreans Hi,

Thanks for letting us know that this worked for you as well, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 10 (14,996 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! This worked for me. I have tried just about everything in the last four hours. Thanks again!!!

Message 9 of 10 (14,324 Views)

★ Novice

I still can't figure this out i have windows 8.1 and that's all i reallly know

Message 10 of 10 (10,362 Views)