[Old Report] Plants vs zombies PC "on the house": Invalid file version

by TFranchSca

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Old Report] Plants vs zombies PC "on the house": Invalid file version

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The "On the house" version of this game was running fine until I installed the new "On the house" Peggle.  Now when I try to load the game I get an "Invalid file version" error.  Can someone tell me how to fix this.  I thought about Uninstalling but I dont have a disc to reinstall & it was free, so I'm afraid it wont let me reinstall.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (17,927 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plants vs zombies PC "on the house": Invalid file version

★★★ Newbie

hi to fix this error you must replace your user file at C:\ProgramData\PopCap Games\PlantsVsZombies\userdata this is the only way on how to fix this error i got this error just later good thing i have a backup in the internet so i download it,inserted it in C:\ProgramData\PopCap Games\PlantsVsZombies\userdata and yes the game works again this error happens because when you go to the following folder C:\ProgramData\PopCap Games\PlantsVsZombies\userdata and open the user1.dat you will see that the file has no text this is the reason why the game gives you the error to fix replace the user1.dat or delete all the contents of the userdata folder,open the game and create a new profile

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (20,011 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

if both of the games where digital downloads and are in your orign my games tab you won't need a disk go to control panel in the computer-programes and features click on the game icon in there uninstall  then if you have ccleaner from piriform ( they have a free version ) run that a few times to help clean up the left over files from the game/s then run the reg cleaner part of it once finished log into your origin account from the desktop right click the game icon-downlaod

Message 2 of 8 (17,893 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, But it didn't work Frown 

Still get Invalid file version, I tried to repair file (one of the right click options) and that doesn't help either.

Oh well, I guess it was fun while it lasted, at least it was free.

Message 3 of 8 (17,882 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i'll search around and see if i can find something  or see if someone else has any tips for  you

Message 4 of 8 (17,879 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks! Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (17,875 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i found something on popcap games  no harm in checking it out http://support.popcap.com/de/node/173

you might have to put in a year of birth to see it though

Message 6 of 8 (17,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi to fix this error you must replace your user file at C:\ProgramData\PopCap Games\PlantsVsZombies\userdata this is the only way on how to fix this error i got this error just later good thing i have a backup in the internet so i download it,inserted it in C:\ProgramData\PopCap Games\PlantsVsZombies\userdata and yes the game works again this error happens because when you go to the following folder C:\ProgramData\PopCap Games\PlantsVsZombies\userdata and open the user1.dat you will see that the file has no text this is the reason why the game gives you the error to fix replace the user1.dat or delete all the contents of the userdata folder,open the game and create a new profile

Message 7 of 8 (20,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got the same issue on a new PC (this is my first time installing the game). All of the fixes for this issue seems to refer to a game that has already been played, it seems (all of them advise you to delete your save game). Are there any suggestions for new installs that won't work?

Message 8 of 8 (348 Views)