Origin wont open, tried to uninstall and re-install but it is stuck and the uninstall does not progress

by ryanthanks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin wont open, tried to uninstall and re-install but it is stuck and the uninstall does not progress

★ Novice

i was scolling through some resolutions to my origin being unable to open and one of the answers was to re-install.

so i went to uninstall and its not doing that. and it is stuck on " execute "c:\Program Files (x86)\origin\origin.exe" /noUpdate /Uninstall" and has been for the past 20 minutes, the progress bar is at less than 10%.

i closed the uninstallation with my task manager and deleted the files in the program files folder manually as one resolution suggested except for origin and the origin uninstallation. 

How do i fix this, i just wanna play some fifa man but origin isnt opening, nor is it uninstalling

Message 1 of 5 (1,103 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin wont open, tried to uninstall and re-install but it is stuck and the

EA DICE Team

@PiluIgor20

The post you replied to was quite old so the user will most likely not respond. Thanks for jumping in though.. Standard smile

For any other users that are experiencing this issue I would recommend to check out the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/READ-FIRST-Common-Issues-and-Solutions/td-p/5017968

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (650 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin wont open, tried to uninstall and re-install but it is stuck and the uninstall does not progress

EA Staff

Please try the uninstallation and reinstalling after doing a Clean Boot

Message 2 of 5 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Tried having a clean boot but it still won't work. I am still stuck with uninstalling originclientservice.exe

Message 3 of 5 (882 Views)

★ Novice

Go to processes and end Origin task. Worked for me!

Message 4 of 5 (613 Views)

EA DICE Team

@PiluIgor20

The post you replied to was quite old so the user will most likely not respond. Thanks for jumping in though.. Standard smile

For any other users that are experiencing this issue I would recommend to check out the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/READ-FIRST-Common-Issues-and-Solutions/td-p/5017968

Message 5 of 5 (651 Views)