Origin won't open

by iBumz

Original Post

Origin won't open

★ Novice

Hi! I've been having trouble starting Origin for awhile now. Basically I log onto Origin with my account and press log in. After that Origin never shows up again. The Taskmanager tells me the process is running but the program isn't showing anywhere. Keep in mind I have no problem logging onto battlelog or anywhere else.

Would be glad if I could get help in the matter as I'd like to get back into Battlefield and i need origin to launch it!

Message 1 of 6 (240 Views)

Re: Origin won't open

Community Manager

When you open task manager, goto the Processes tab and right click the Origin process and then End Process Tree. Close task manager and restart Origin.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (234 Views)

★ Novice

I have done so multiple times and still nothing. However now i get a message saying that Origin has stopped working and Windows is searching for a solutuon. After that it gives me another message saying a problem made Origin unable to work and that a solution will be shown if there is one.

Message 3 of 6 (230 Views)

Community Manager

It may be that your antivirus is preventing Origin from running normally.

Download and run the installer for the most recent version of Origin as this often lets the antivirus know that the software is legitimate.

www.origin.com/en-us/download

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (217 Views)

★ Novice

I have made my antivirus let anything related to Origin through and still no good result.

I did however find a friend who had a similar problem a couple months ago. He sent in a ticket and was told to change something in the Origin files on his computer. That solved it for him. However he could not find the ticket he was sent so I was not able to try it. Do you know of any solutions like this? Do you know how to do it or do you have any other ideas what might be wrong?

Your help is appreciated, Thanks.

Message 5 of 6 (204 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you do exactly as EA_Barry stated?

"Download and run the installer for the most recent version of Origin as this often lets the antivirus know that the software is legitimate.

www.origin.com/en-us/download"

That may help, good luck!

Message 6 of 6 (193 Views)