Origin will not install

by martystep77

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Origin will not install

★ Novice

I recently had to restore my PC back to original settings, removing all games and game suppliers from my computer. I have reinstalled all other games and providers again fine but I can not seem to instal Origin again. Everything is up to date and working fine and all games run. But nothing seems to work with Origin.

I instal Origin. Then it updates (74mb), once it has updates installed, it then says 'please wait while Origin is updated, this may take a few minutes' But after 20 seconds, the message dissapears, and then nothing. I have left it for 20 minutes or more many times but still nothing. If I click on the Origin Icon, the arrow does the loading circle for about 2 seconds, but then goes back to the arrow and nothing happens.
I have tried many times and also as administrator. I have uninstalled, restarted my computer, and reinstalled many many times but still nothing.

My OS is Windows 7.

Message 1 of 11 (30,695 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin will not install

★★★ Novice

1. Right click the Origin icon and click properties.

2. Click the Compatibility tab at the top.

3. Check the box for "run this program under compatibility mode" and select Windows XP service pack 3.

4. Apply and save.

Run Origin and see if it finishes install and update.. if yes repeat steps above and uncheck the compatibility box and apply and exit.

Worked for me with Win 7 Home Premium.

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (30,563 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Please try the following steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator
Message 2 of 11 (30,681 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried all of this, several times, but after last Origin update it just doesnt work (Before that, I had no problem). I can seen it in processes (Origin and UpdateTool) but nothing more...  I'm desperate Frown  

Message 3 of 11 (30,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Leitha13   go to SAFE MODE with Networking and do the steps...

Manually uninstalled, Run CCleaner and install Origin

Look here to enter in Safe Mod http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows...

What is SAFE MOD ?
- In Safe Mode operating system will have a reduced functionality, but the task of solving problems will be easier because most components (services, drivers, programs, etc.) that are not critical system will not be loaded.
- Safe Mode provides access to diagnostic tools and programs, giving the user the ability to solve problems that prevent the operating system to work properly. Safe Mode is intended as a way to maintain and not an operating mode.

NOTE look here for more details http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Well-It-didnt-work/m-p/4447938#U4447938

Greetings

@yahel_1

I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Mess'up the whole system. ""Don't fixit with it if it ain't broken!"
My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 11 (30,517 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, I tried but it did not help Frown

Message 5 of 11 (30,496 Views)

★★★ Novice

1. Right click the Origin icon and click properties.

2. Click the Compatibility tab at the top.

3. Check the box for "run this program under compatibility mode" and select Windows XP service pack 3.

4. Apply and save.

Run Origin and see if it finishes install and update.. if yes repeat steps above and uncheck the compatibility box and apply and exit.

Worked for me with Win 7 Home Premium.

Message 6 of 11 (30,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you very much, it works! Standard smile

Message 7 of 11 (30,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try launching it from the Origins website.

I’ve played with Origin on a few different computers with a couple different operating systems, and that has always worked for me.  

I have always had issues trying to do the initial install from the CD.  EA should invest some money into fixing this, if they haven’t already started.   

Message 8 of 11 (28,113 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Doesn't work 

Message 9 of 11 (20,772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I installed origin IN SAFE MODE

Once i revert back to normal mode...it gives me an error and doesn't open

Pls help anothrr gamer

Message 10 of 11 (20,771 Views)