by demky6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin doesn't load - New MSI Computer

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I bought a new computer, MSI computer.

In this computer, Origin doesn't load, I tried to format it but I still have the same problem (pretty useless to format a new computer but did it).

I have no idea what to do...

When It freeze, all I can do is ctrl+alt+supp, close origin and try again 15-20 time and maybe it will work...

tried with "launch as admin", Windows 7 compatibility, windows update done, NVIDIA driver update done, tried uninstal/re-instal origin, tried to do it before instaling avast.

Have 0 problem with steam, blizzard client, uplay

Computer is : MSI GL62 6QF

Model GL62 6QF-1093CA
Operating System Windows 10 Home
Type Gaming Notebook
Processor Intel Core i7-6700HQ(2.60GHz)
Standard Memory 8GB DDR4
Memory Expansion 32 GB
Hard Drive 1TB (SATA) 7200rpm
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi
Display Size 15.6"
Display Technology Full HD (1920 x 1080), Anti-Glare eDP Wide View Angle panel
Touch Screen
Graphics nVidia Geforce GTX 960M, 2GB GDDR5
Wireless Intel 3165 Stone Peak 1 (1x1)
Ethernet
Bluetooth Bluetooth v4.0
Modem
Webcam 720p HD Webcam
HDMI 1(v1.4)
USB USB 3.0 x 3(including 1 x Type-C); USB 2.0 x 2
I/O 1 Mini-DP, 1 Mic-in, 1 Headphone-out
Card Reader SD (XC/HC)
Audio Exclusive Audio Boost Technology; Nahimic Audio Enhancer
Keyboard SteelSeries Full Size Keyboard
Pointing Device
Fingerprint Reader
Security
Battery 6 cell
Color
Dimensions 15.07"x10.23"x1.06"~1.14"
Weight 5.07 lbs
Accessories
Software
Special Features
Warranty 1 year Limited warranty (Include 1 Year Global)

This is what happen (nothing load); sometime it freeze in picture 1, sometime it does picture 2 : 

Picture 1 :

Picture 2 : 

Will update picture 2 as soon as it happen (last 5 try had picture 1)

Any ideas ?

Message 1 of 21 (3,543 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin doesn't load - New MSI Computer

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@DarkAmaranth1966 What do you mean by "MSI User Interface" nothing with that name on my computer

I just uninstalled this MSI software :

System Control Manager (SCM)

and now I can play Battlefield perfectly... 10 games, 10 fast load, 0 lag, 0 drop NOTHING GAME RUN PERFECTLY !!

Why would MSI put trash software on their NEW laptop ? How is it even possible ????

I don't think I will ever buy an other MSI computer nor recomend it to my friends.

Like seriously wtf, the computer is new and 2 softwares made the computer unable to run Origin and battlefield...

Ok I still have one problem. I'm trying to update razer Synapse, the computer instal the patch but after reboot it want to instal it again... (did it +/-9time and still telling me there is an availlable update. Seriously that MSI computer is killing me

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (2,997 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

It is a new computer and generally things need to be updated. Make sure Windows and your graphics drivers are up to date. If you want help checking that, please Post your DXDIAG report.

Also please run the Origin installer as Administrator by right clicking on it after you download it. If you need a new copy of the installer, Download Origin Here.

That does look like the issue in THIS THREAD but, I can't see it being that on a clean install of Windows.

Message 2 of 21 (3,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

thanks for answer, here is dxdiag. Nvidia experience says "all driver are updated" same for windows update.

I forget to says, i tried origin before installing Avast and had the same problem.

I'm reading the thread you linked

Message 3 of 21 (3,527 Views)

★★★ Expert

Windows is not up to date. The current Windows 10 build is 14393. Yours is still 10586, the first released or very close to it.

Check with MSI to see if there is a driver update for you Intel Graphics chip, there may not be one but you should check that.

Origin is throwing an AppHangB1 error,  not responding when Windows expects it to.

Cleaning up and doing a safe mode or clean boot install usually corrects that but, you do need to get Windows up to date first, that can cause the problem to keep occurring.

Once Windows is up to date.

Manually Uninstall Origin.

Use CCleaner to clean your registry.

Do a Clean Boot.

Disable any firewall or anti virus that may not be disable on a clean boot.

Download Origin Here.

Locate the setup file, it's called "OriginThinSetup.exe"

Right click that file and choose Run as Administrator.

Let us know if that gets Origin installed for you.

Message 4 of 21 (3,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

How do I update windows if windows update tell me "no update availlable" ... ?

EDIT :

Ok someone told me I don't have the windows anniversary update, I found a french link that explain how to force instal it, I will do it :

http://www.01net.com/astuces/windows-10-comment-forcer-la-mise-a-jour-anniversaire-1028429.html

microsoft link : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Message 5 of 21 (3,515 Views)

★★★ Expert

If you are on a WiFi connection, please be sure it is NOT set to metered. http://www.howtogeek.com/226722/how-when-and-why-to-set-a-connection-as-metered-on-windows-10/ The how to section shows you where that setting is.

If you have Metered Connection OFF and still cannot get windows to update, try the Update troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-upda...

Message 6 of 21 (3,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I don't use wifi, i use rj45

i read your links

Message 7 of 21 (3,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Updated windows anniversary. Stil have the same problem.

Some time origin freeze after loading... (not only white screen)

very boring.

Message 8 of 21 (3,481 Views)

★★★ Expert

That looks like Origin is waiting to start the download of BF1, with it being a new game, the servers are very busy with download requests. It may take a while for it to begin downloading. If Origin is not actually locked up (you can click other tabs and minimize or maximize it, you need to wait for your turn on the server for the download.

Message 9 of 21 (3,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

na, it's not waiting, the whole origin clien freeze, can't even go to option.

Sometime it freeze when there is no download in progress. it's not about BF1.

anybody got idea how to fix origin freeze ?

Message 10 of 21 (3,471 Views)