Origin account hacked

by accounthacked121

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin account hacked

★★★ Newbie

First, I had to create a new Origin account to communicate with anyone since my original account has been altered.  I cannot access my original account whatsoever and, that in itself, made it impossible TO LOG IN to address the situation. 

With that being said, after doing some research, it would seem that my original origin account and my swtor account are linked.  Hence, I cannot log into that game either. 

Yesterday, I spent the evening on the phone with swtor customer support.  The only thing that the rep could tell me was that...yes...my account had experienced some suspisious activity. Then directed me to [edit: email address removed] and they still have not responded. So, it is unclear to me as to whether or not I should continue to just deal with swtor or resolve the issue from which it began...origin. 

All I am trying to do is figure out the most efficient way to to resolve this problem and would certainly appreciate any help or advice. 

Message 1 of 3 (213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin account hacked

EA Staff

Please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance with this issue:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) using the account you used to log in here and select 'Help with Game'
3. Select Origin
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again 
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (181 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance with this issue:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) using the account you used to log in here and select 'Help with Game'
3. Select Origin
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again 
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ty Kristi, I have my origin account back thanks to you!  My Swtor account, now that is a different subject....

It got hacked and is now banned....support has to figure it all out.  When that will happen, well....we just have to cross fingers and toes and hope me/my account fit into thier schedule.  I sent them finger prints, mug shots, and proof id....I hope that helps.

Regardless, I really am here to thank the support team of origin...I wish bioware worked like you all.  Very professional, quick, and polite....thank you. 

Origin problems were fixed in 30 minutes....bioware....well....we working on days now.

Message 3 of 3 (162 Views)