Origin Store Language Change

by pakeneminen

Original Post

Re: Origin Store Language Change!!!!!!! 2009-2015+

★★ Novice

Apologies for resurrecting an aging thread. Although I'm able to successfully select English from the dropdown menu, it seems Origin will revert back to Dutch each time the application is restarted (I'm currently based in Belgium). If it matters, I've also set my "Origin Client Language" to "English US" within the application settings. I've spoken to others with the same issue, so I don't believe it's wholly user-side.

As I'm still able to manually select English, it's thankfully not the most troubling of issues, but I figure it's still worth noting. Thanks for your time.

Message 251 of 258 (868 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

part of the problem is your web site is often called "the store" and the tool/program/client that downloads content is also often called "the store".

we all click English (or some other language on the web site page)and it changes to English, but we all get stuck with our regional language on the installed program/client to download content. 

so far i have tried to change my region on my clock, i've tried two proxies (both gave me Texas IPs). also, yes,i have tried to change my language on the web site part of the store and restarting as well...again, the web site changes to English, but not the newly reinstalled (yes, i reinstall each time) client.

i suspect you know all this but continue with the "store...bottom of page..." charade to hide the fact that you are not going to bother fixing this. 

Do I really need to pay for a VPN and give it a whirl?

Message 252 of 258 (827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's now almost 2016, and the language setting in the Origin Client still doesn't work.

Pathetic.

Message 253 of 258 (774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes, but when I try to open origin.com it redirects me to: https://www.origin.com/en-ru/store/ and Language: English is already there.

Message 254 of 258 (764 Views)

★ Novice

The same issue remains. Uninstalling Origin forever.

Message 255 of 258 (749 Views)

Community Manager

@NickConstantin Hi there,

We now allow for users to switch the language of the store to English if they do prefer that over the default language for the store in the region.

Can you be a bit more specific what your issue is?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 256 of 258 (738 Views)

★ Novice

And after years and years there is still the same problem. I'm in spain for a few days, and I really liked Unravel and Garden Warfare 2!! But I have my store in spanish, despite having selected English. So you know what? Fu** EA and fu** Origin, I'll spend my bucks on Steam buying Ashes of Singularity and Undertale.

With the wide range of games we have, there is no need to fight in Origin, if Origin doesn't want my money that's fine! I'll buy in other place.

Message 257 of 258 (722 Views)

★ Novice

This can't be happening, it's 2016 already (and almost 2017) and this issue is not fixed, I really liked Battlefield 1 and want to purchase it, but can't because of language issues.

This is very simple, just make us able to change our language, it isn't hard.

For now, I'm not wasting not even 1 more dollar in EA games.

Message 258 of 258 (619 Views)