Re: Origin Store Language Change

★★★ Newbie

Looks like they dont give a **bleep**. 

Message 211 of 258 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is seriously crazy.

I decided to stop with any Origin purchase unless there is really an exclusivity I want to play.

It's the case with DA: Origin and I have to ask if the s**t I'm seeing in Polish in my screen is ok with my computer.

Guys! This is not a small market! What on earth are you thinking? Do you have any idea how many people are living in a different country in Europe?

And why is this marked solved!

Message 212 of 258 (954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have this problem too and came looking for answers. Nothing but Swedish langauge available even after setting everything I can to English. Why even have a language menu if only one language is available? And this problem have been around since 2009!? That's.... I don't even have words for it.

Some people can't even use your store and you do nothing to fix this obvious issue so they have to go find third party workourands to use it... Really? Frikkin really?!

Message 213 of 258 (927 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree:

WHY IS THIS MARKED SOLVED?????????!!!

THIS IS NOT SOLVED

Message 214 of 258 (864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is really annoying. Searching the web got results back to 2008. Seems that Origin has not the slightest interest in correcting this issue!

Message 215 of 258 (843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

A forum moderator (MorningTimeCloud) locked my thread about this SAME QUESTION instead of answering me... when I was RIGHTFULLY raging at EA for being of no help since 2009. Which is apparently how long this question has been brought up. I've been dealing with this exact problem for YEARS! This thread is proof of that.

This is all the mod had to say after I complained twiced:
"Well since you're doing nothing but raging, i am locking this thread. Feel free to use other posts in this thread to try and help but your attitude is going to need to go if you want to get help from our members in the future.

Thanks and have a nice day "

As far as I'm concerned my rant is friggin warranted and I explained the problem twice..and it's an OLD PROBLEM which he should know about. They can make this dude a mascot. Perfectly represents the service from EA or origin or WHATEVER.

Just today I was trying to buy Titan Fall. I'm not entering my credit card details on a spanish site if I can't tell what the heck is what. I found a way to turn the site english (using "hola!"- an addon for chrome) but my transaction wont work either way. So I guess I'm just another guy who aint spending ANY more money on origin games. Greedy company. In the process I also found out it's $19.99 in my region and apparently $9.99 in the US. Sit in your tower guys. I'll just suck up the remaining fun I can from the gamesI I got in bundles etc. Other than that you can kiss this customer goodbye....I'll check back when and if yall change your  ways. Enjoy your spiral into failure if you keep this up.

It's a wonder that same powering tripping mod didn't lock THIS thread too huh.....you guys are ranting way more than I did....and rightfully so.

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED

Message 216 of 258 (707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Guess what EA? No money until you fix this. This is inexcusable.

Message 217 of 258 (556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We are still waiting for the resolution of this simple problem....

Message 218 of 258 (510 Views)

★★ Novice

Was going to buy Mass Effect 3 with its DLC.
Gave up after realizing the only language available for the store was French.

I'm just gonna get it from a third-party web-site.

Guess more time will have to pass before I make my first purchase on Origin.

Message 219 of 258 (493 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I have modified the post some of you have referenced as incorrect and added the following:

Note: This post has been marked as answer solely to make everyone aware of the current state regarding this feature request. Thank you all for your understanding.

I can understand your frustration, unfortunately there isn't anything new to report beyond this message so as it stands this is still the current answer regarding this question. 

I hope to be able to post an update to all of you about this in the future. Thanks again for your understanding in the meantime.

Message 220 of 258 (470 Views)