Origin Store Language Change

by pakeneminen

Original Post

Re: Origin Store Language Change

★ Novice

Seriously? This is still an issue?!? I complained about this when I bought Sims 3. I live in Sweden but really if my computer is in english and I select english for my game I want my game in freaking english! Just because I am living in Sweden does it mean I am comfortable with the language. This is very off putting and frustrating. Luckily I can understand enough to be able to navigate but I shouldn't have to if I don't want to.

Message 171 of 258 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Nils wrote:

On the store page, scroll down and you will see a list of the languages that will be available with your puchase.

EA_nils, you have obviously never been overseas or proxied and tried the orgin store, i am an american living in south america and my only language option below is espanol. The only way i can get around this is proxying out to the US. Its is and has been a known issue for quite some time. its time EA gets on this problem. Everyone here would gladly point you to steam as the go-to model of how to operate.

Message 172 of 258 (1,120 Views)

★ Novice

Okey, now I'm in Finland. How many language option do I have? One! Suomi. So can't even buy what I want. Guess no DA:I for me

Message 173 of 258 (958 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is really crazy. Finally decided to create an account to add to this.

So are we allowed to use a VPN service or something?

Message 174 of 258 (860 Views)

★★★ Novice

I remember these being broken years ago. I guess they bever fixed it.

It seems the consensus is to use a proxy to buy anything from Origin?

I really want to pre-order the new Dragon Age but EA is making it damn near impossible.

Message 175 of 258 (819 Views)

★ Novice

Wow, Im amazed that they have not fixed this. This was first reported in 2009, 5 years ago! This is a mistake that I could understand newbie developers make, perhaps extra likely by americans who sometimes don't realize the rest of the world may differ from where they sit. But then mafter realizing the mistake, you fix it!

I'm a developer myself and I know exactly what the bug is and how easy it would be to fix, I can't possiblt fathom how such a serious, embarrasing and easy to fix bug can be around 5 years later. There are probably thousands if forums responses, blogs, videos about the problem. Just blows my mind that people in charge have not decided to fix it, impossible to understand the level of incopetence. EA truly deserves the award they got the other year for most despised company.

Message 176 of 258 (724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm from The Bahamas (english speaking country) and I moved to Trinidad (English speaking country).
The store page is in spanish and I'm pretty sure the region is set to mexico.

No option to change the store page language to english.

Message 177 of 258 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Still not fixed.. and that is why I no longer buy EA games... I logged in just out of curiosity and NOPE still in Korean only.. I started the account in the US, everything on my account is US based but now I don't actually live in the US.... but yet no option to have the STORE is English.. the only option is Korean in Korean! I can speak and read Korean but that is not the point......  Even Korean website let you choose between Korean and English..  really EA?!?   It's an easy fix 5 years ago, yet you still ignore it for those who do not actually live in the USA.....  that is why I quit buying your games.

Message 178 of 258 (574 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey be happy it's just your language preferences.

Origin has decided to change my ENTIRE REGION PREFERENCE from US to Europe.  I have purchases on Origin over two years old,  paid in US Dollars.  I have a verified address AND phone number located in the US  --  but everything in Origin is suddenly set to the European Region.  All prices in Euros and all games have European release dates.

EA customer service has been unable to help me,  even over the phone (WHICH OBVIOUSLY SHOWS MY AREA CODE,  AND WHERE I'M CALLING FROM).  This is ONLY A PROBLEM WITH ORIGIN,  every other online program properly displays my DNS location  --  steam,  google chrome,  hell even Uplay.

What a joke

Message 179 of 258 (533 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just spent over 45 minutes with "live customer support" so far this is what Virat (it's name who is talking to me) 

I addressed that I am in the Caribbean, at a US medical school. I said I have a US debit and credit card, and that I would like to purchase dragon age and better yet, read the client in English. Virat, goes to ask me if I have a euro credit card to make the purchase in the language that I cannot read. I replied simply saying, why in the **** would I have a euro credit card when US currency is what is used on this island, and I have physical proof I am a citizen and just want to read in English, play with my friends upon release, and GIVE YOU MONEY. 

I asked to be transfered to a manager, supervisor, anyone other than Virat. It said it was not a possibility. I then asked after 5 years of this being an issue why it has never been fixed, it was unable to comment. 

So basically, I have to go to a local vendor, if I can even find one on this island lol, buy the game, wait 2 days, pray they shipped the US version, or buy the world wide edition and then switch my language to the US IF I figure out how to buy it in euros in the first place. 

EA - Origin, you are easily the worst customer support I have ever seen. People have been trying to give you money for years, and you fail them. Are you that incompetant to give us the option to put a client in English, at the sheer possibility that EVERYONE IN A REGION MAY NOT SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE! 

Message 180 of 258 (504 Views)