Origin Store Language Change

by pakeneminen

Original Post

Re: Origin Store Language Change

★★★★★ Newbie

you kidding me? this does not change the shop language, it only changes the app language!!!

Message 151 of 258 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Novice

Going to add my name to this growing list also.

Living in Sweden but I'm sure as coffee not Swedish, currently learning the language but not enough to enjoy using the Launcher!  Finding the 'switch' to application launchers a pain in the rump as a number of companies are doing this now... but at least I can read and use the rival company launchers.  ;P

The option to select another language is simply non-existant beyond what the launcher assumes I'm to read and understand.  On the website, no problem.  I can select 4 languages, one being English UK.  On the launcher program, I goto settings and select my language as English UK ... and I still get a bunch of gobbledigook.

Blegh.

Programmers, program dammit.

Message 152 of 258 (1,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, to change language on the origin.com you can use origin.com/en-GB link. It will dirrect you to the English version of origin. Hope it helped =)

Message 153 of 258 (1,167 Views)

★ Apprentice

As our world becomes increasingly globalized and internationalized, more and more people are moving away from their birth-countries.  There are more and more immigrants between countries, and an increasing number of international families.  Companies that wish to keep up with the times should keep this in mind.

The origin store needs more language options.  I live in Japan, but am not fluent in written Japanese.  Where my money is concerned, I'd feel much more confident if I could change the langauge.  Amazon.co.jp does this.  Steam does this.  Even Uplay is in English for me.  I'd buy more Origin Games if origin were in English for me too.

Message 154 of 258 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Novice

If it wasn't a requirement for the BF games, Origin wouldn't be worth even 2 cents (Both the application and the website)

Message 155 of 258 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Novice

"So, to change language on the origin.com you can use origin.com/en-GB link. It will dirrect you to the English version of origin. Hope it helped =)"

This does not work! Error - 404 Page not found - as it clumsily tries to redirect me to origin.com/da-dk/en-GB/

Message 156 of 258 (985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same trouble with the games. And the top of it I can't choose the language I need.

Guys, you should really need to learn from Steam.

Message 157 of 258 (982 Views)

★★ Novice

The lack of any real solution to this problem since the first post about it in 2009 is sad.  As a military member stationed in Japan, I cannot access the store at all because it's in Japanese.  This is why I own 2 games in Origin (purchased at the base store) and over 50 on Steam (purchased via the app).  The worst part yet is, not only the store using localized IP, the game clock is based on the US.  I purchased Sims 4 on release day (Sept 2) and have not been able to play it because I must wait until September 3rd because I'm in Japan.  Then I try and log in today, September 3rd, and am told I have to wait until September 3rd in the US.  SMH

Message 158 of 258 (979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup, changing client language doesn't change the store language. The list at the bottom only has Finnish.

How is something like changing language a challenging feature to add in 2014?

Message 159 of 258 (944 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm from Europe, living in Taiwan. How could I possibly work with it when all is in Chinese only? :/ Seriously... :mansad: :mansad: :mansad: 

Message 160 of 258 (928 Views)