Origin Store Language Change

by pakeneminen

Original Post

Re: Origin Store Language Change

★ Novice

I live in brasil but i am danish and dont speak portugese...I always play my games in english and wanted to buy the new dragon age but here it is only avalible in portugese and no other lauguage...tried to talk to custumer service and they just flat out told me there is no way to buy the game in english trough origins as long as it is downloded here in brazil...i enven asked if i had someone log in and buy the game in denmark and then downloded it here, but they said it would still be in portugese..it is a complete joke and i think i will never buy a game trough origins again. Just hope the ps store is not as retarted, are they trying to force us to find a pirate version of their game just to play it in a laungage we can understand..in a world where so many live and work internationally to remove the option to chose your own laungage (in games where they availible) is just beyond stupid!!!!

Message 141 of 258 (894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also what is ridiculous is that I live in the UK my acc everything has been set up there, all games buyed there than I travel to another country when BF4 is on discount and in pounds its 20 while in euros its 35 which when converted is way more which is simply ridiculous that u cant buy a game in any currency or that there are such differences... 35 euros is 27 pounds about and I could buy the same thing for 20 in my own country...

Message 142 of 258 (658 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I can forget about using Origin then? Good to know. I had to spend an evening digging into my network stack just to get the bloody thing to connect. Now it's in the wrong languge, and in the right currency, which I presume means that I'd get the games in the wrong language.

Still at least EA are consistent. Standard smile

Message 143 of 258 (646 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Though while I'm here, I read that Origin was basd on Geolocated IP, So I guess if you had a VPN you could tunel through that, and come out in the right country. You would of course have to pay in that currency, and they may get suspicious if you use a foriegn credit card. But if you're desperate enough to try, it may work. Just FYI

Seems to me that Buying off Amazon, or some other online store in your native country is a far better option. It'll probably be cheaper too, for everyhting else there's Steam. Who wants to be stuck with Origin anyway? Standard smile

Message 144 of 258 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Oh, I see, there are many others having that problem, too...

I'm speaking English and that's what I want the store to be and not German :womanmad:

This thread has been opened almost two years ago and what has changed? Nothing.

This shows how much EA cares about its paying customers: They don't give a s**t

Well, I'm not going to buy anything unless this is changed and go back to Steam and to SimCity 4 then :heart:

Message 145 of 258 (573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Only workaround I've found (I'm in Korea/China, speak Chinese but not Korean) is to connect with a VPN hosted in an English country :\ Might try some of the free ones, I have one anyway since everything is blocked in china

Message 146 of 258 (541 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello?? Still no fix? Is it really that hard? Do you guys even know how hard can it be to even do something inside the Origin Store which is not letthing us select another language?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-C0CFOG6M

Message 147 of 258 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got it fixed for me, scrolled all the way down the storepage.

There should be a button there on the left side that lets you switch language..

Now it was french for me first but I live in Belgium and there are dutch and french speaking provinces here so that might be why..

Anyway, hope this helps anyone!

Message 148 of 258 (444 Views)

★★★ Novice

The button is there indeed, but only ONE language is avaible to choose from!

Message 149 of 258 (408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I find it hard to believe that this issue is still unsolved after so many years. And it should be so easy to do!

I am Dutch, but work alot in Russia. They use totally different letters, which makes it very hard to read for people from the west.

I think we can give up hope that EA will fix this problem. They obviously don't care for their customers.

Luckily there is still Steam.

Message 150 of 258 (429 Views)