Origin Server Not Responding for over a week

by Emmerald2

Original Post

Origin Server Not Responding for over a week

★ Novice
I try to download Peggle and my Sims 2 ultimate collection, however I press the download button and it sits on "preparing download" for about 20 mins and then an error message pops up saying Origin Server Not Responding, please try again or Contact Origin Help. So I tried this again 6 times and now I'm contacting Origin Help. I've tried on different days over the past week. Origin Please Help I have games sitting in my cart ready to buy, but not going to press confirm until this first problem is resolved. Looking forward to your reply and solution. Emmerald.
Message 1 of 6 (498 Views)

Re: Origin Server Not Responding for over a week

EA Staff

Please try the steps in the following article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/?

Message 2 of 6 (483 Views)

★ Novice
So I don't think it can be my firewall, because I can't even see Origin in the list to be able to say "don't block this program". And it mentions something about internet ports being blocked - how do I unblock them then? Perhaps links on how to do those things would be helpful on that website you provided as well for those of us who aren't computer experts. Thanks. I'll try figure it out myself.
Message 3 of 6 (471 Views)

★ Novice
Ok so I went through and added all those ports to my firewall allowed ports like the internet told me to do. I restarted my computer just in case that was needed to make the changes take affect. So my Peggle is still sitting on "preparing to download" and my Sims 2 is also sitting on "preparing to download" So every other question as per the supplied link doesn't help me. Any other ideas on how I can download my games? Sims 4 is coming out in a month, and I'd like to buy it from you. Please help me by writing what to do and not requesting I search a supplied link for information I "might find useful" Thanks for your time Origin.
Message 4 of 6 (467 Views)

EA Staff

Please download the latest version of Origin and then uninstall and reinstall Origin using the new setup file. After the reinstall please do a Clean Boot, also reboot your router and then try downloading the games again.

Message 5 of 6 (463 Views)

★ Novice

Ok did all that. I event got to chat to someone who helped me through all the steps. My firewall allows origin, I don't have any ad blockers installed, I don't even have my anti-virus installed. I did all the restarting/rebooting/reinstalling everything. But now I get a new error message and it says: Error: -4:503. Please try again in a few moments. So trying again..... And nothing happening..... I think I just give up. 

It really shouldn't be this difficult. Why doesn't it just work like all my other programs? Why all of a sudden do I have to go and tweak settings left right and centre to make it work? I should install it. Then it should work. Luckily they still sell hard copies in the shops. 

Thanks again wont be using Origin again. I can't figure it out. Too hard. 

We had some good years. But I guess I can just learn to live without it. 

bye! 

Message 6 of 6 (451 Views)