Origin Online connection error

by gentalock

Original Post

Origin Online connection error

★★★ Newbie

I only have the EA Origin so that way I can play Sims3 and Sims City,  However the other day I was able to load it up and the origin download onto my Windows 8 which I just purchased and have all updates on it and its up to current.  However when I try to log into Origin now I get Can not connect online.  And when I click to connect online it will not connect me to origin at all and I am not able to play the game that I was most looking forward to be playing this year. 

And I have not been able to find any help with any issues in regards to Windows 8 on the knowledge base system.  And then trying to contact customer support vie telephone since it is much easier for me THE CUSTOMER to get assistance that way I had to GOOGLE the phone number since trying to use your Facebook page to get info was not helpful at all, and I refuse to get a twitter account or any of the other accounts that you say EA, and EA Origin can be contacted is a bid masquerade for the customers to go on a whiled goose chase.

Thank you,

genta_lock

Message 1 of 5 (312 Views)

Re: Origin Online connection error

★★★ Newbie

I was just told by a customer service agent that Origin doesn't support Windows 8. "They are working on a fix". AFTER we purchase the games we find this out!

Message 2 of 5 (304 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you Very much for the information and I really appreciate it and sometime orginin needs to work on the customer friendliness seriously. I mean I am willing to put up with a lot from them but man. a customer can only handle so much rudeness. but thank you :D

Message 3 of 5 (301 Views)

★ Novice

I have windows 8 and Origin worked just fine until yesterday, so for 2 months on this computer no problems and then bam like a freight train, windows 8 is no longer compatible..... sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Message 4 of 5 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i dont have windows 8 but 7 and it still says that

Message 5 of 5 (235 Views)