Origin Need for Speed Pro Street

by dbarr94

Original Post

Origin Need for Speed Pro Street

★★★ Newbie

I need help and I'm getting very angry and frustrated. I downloaded Need for Speed Pro Street on my PC, running it with windows 8 and I cant freaking play it. Everytime I try to launch it I get the "please log in to EA download manager to verify Ownership". and I have no clue how to fix it. It seems like I've tried every single thing there is to try. What can I do? somebody please help before I tear my hair out.

Message 1 of 22 (7,659 Views)

Re: Origin Need for Speed Pro Street

Community Manager (retired)

Try starting the game from within your Origin client.
Ownership should not be an issue when starting games in your game library.

Message 2 of 22 (7,583 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not working. same problem. I bought 2 days ago, and i can't run the nfs pro street because i need to login. I try without origin, but nothing, same problem need to ligin my account but server is not responding. I will try to speak with live support but the "Chat now" button it's not working. I click a lot of time to a button but nothing. What can i do now? Please help. Thank you

Message 3 of 22 (7,564 Views)

★★ Novice

I found this solution on the internet and it works for me :

The issue is that the Origin Games folder is missing on the system drive. Old EADM doesn't honor the Origin default install folder location when checking for pathing. You do not need to install the game to your system drive either. Just create an Origin Games folder in your "Program Files (x86)" folder or if you are on 32-bit just "Program Files" then try again. This is what worked for me. Verified on Crysis, C&C3 Tiberium Wars, and NFS: ProStreet. All use the same activation method.

I hope it works for you,

Message 4 of 22 (7,425 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having this issue for a while, and I can't seem to get an answer.

I click "play" from my origin client

game loads command prompt window

small window pops up asking me to log in to EA

I enter my username and password

it says can not access servers at this time please try again later

I already have a folder in my program files x86 called Origin games, and it is still not working.

Thank you

Message 5 of 22 (7,362 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue as mentioned here:

Purchased 6/3 (giant promotion within Origin client);

Downloaded and installed without issue;

Click "Play" from within Origin client. Asked to login using known and verified credentials.

Message states "We are unable to activate your game using the EA account provided. Please sign in with the EA account you used to purchase this game".

I am 100% certain this is my EA/Origin account (it's the only one I have, since 6/2009).  I can log in to BF3 & BF4 right now without issues.  

Any ideas? Or help?

Thanks.

My system: Core i7 @3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 240 SSD, 6TB HDD, Win 7 Ultimate x64

Message 6 of 22 (7,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got the exact same problem, once the game is installed - it asks me to log in with EA account (whitch I do) and then get the error "Cant connect to EA servers". HELP? 

Message 7 of 22 (7,105 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope. Nada.  Nothing.  Highly disappointed.

Asked for help here and through the official EA/Origin channels.  Nothing.

Requested a refund also. Same reply... :crickets:

And EA really wonders why they win so many awards?

Message 8 of 22 (7,099 Views)

★★ Novice

I am in the exact same situation and have been waiting on a "Under 5 minute" wait time on live chat for about 2 hours. I have been trying this for almost a week now.

I also requested a refund and nothing has been done about it. 

Not good....

Message 9 of 22 (7,007 Views)

★ Novice

I'm encountering the same damn problem. just bought the game but can't freaking play it because the "servers are down".

Message 10 of 22 (6,901 Views)