Origin - General Discussion

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Origin - General Discussion

I am still gathering my cash for a new PC. I am close, but it will take another two months to have the whole sum. I am not big on borrowing money from banks for personal stuff. My old PC coped with a lot until last year, when the system requirements skyrocketed. And it's kind of hard to just upgrade as the parts are kind of hard to find. So, a new one it is. 

That also means that i have to postpone playing many of the 2015/2016 games for next year. Meanwhile, i watch my brother playing those new games (he has a pretty decent rig). 

P.S.: maybe EA Tom can sticky this General Discussion thread, so it would be easy to find?!

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 21 of 168 (640 Views)

@ivrognard @Straatford87 @yahel_1

Hi all, I'm back from the dead (work actually Large smile). Pfff, I'm glad I'm back cause it seems I missed a lot!

My favourite game on origin: BATTLEFRONT (I'm a very, very (and I mean very) big star wars fan from back in the eighties (yes, I'm that old Wink)

Other favourites are the dead space games (not owning them yet Frown, borrowed them from a friend a few years ago and still waiting for a full triology pack to come out with origin to buy at once!!!!!!) Best space horror game EVER!

Also elder scrols I, II, III, IV, V fan (again yes, I'm that old)

Baldur's gate I, II, Neverwinter Nights I, II

Quake, Duke nukem, Doom, Shadow warrior etc.: the golden oldies

In fact, I only don't like to play sports games... I'm more of a fantasy, SF man myself.

I'm from Limburg in Belgium, so yes, I feel akin to the Dutch people in the south who also share a province named Limburg Standard smile

And who said I love Dutch beer? Belgian beer is the best! Tongue out Wink (sorry EA_Tom)

Ivrognard and yahel, we may have good beer, but you will always have Dracula! Standard smile How cool is that!

Message 22 of 168 (631 Views)

@DarkBanishing so, let me guess: born in the seventies, around 40 by now?!Standard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 23 of 168 (626 Views)

Wrong, I was born in the early eighties. So not that old...

Message 24 of 168 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@yahel_1

Yes, a pleasure as well Yahel - nice to get a discussion going on here with all of us.

I sincerely hope that you will enjoy Battlefield 1 and Inquisition as much as you did Counter-Strike! Party hat

@ivrognard

I've recenty upgraded my PC as well - though I did make sure to save up for a while because as you mentioned, buying a new system is a big investment. In the end I decided to go for a GTX 1070 and 6700k.

What am I looking forward most in the PC development scene? Definitly for 4K to be mainstream and running well on most systems. Though I can imagine that we will be another 1/2 years in the future in terms of having it like we have 1080p now.

I would love to have more people jump in here an discuss with us so I will throw it up as a sticky.

@DarkBanishing

Welcome back! I was away for my weekend as well so didn't have a lot of time to jump in here either.

Ah, a huge Star Wars fan I see - I can imagine that you are loving Battlefront then. Have you seen Rogue One yet, and if so, did you enjoy it? I have yet to see it myself but everyone around the office was super hyped..

Also glad to hear that you love Baldur's Gate - it's one of my all-time favorites as well! 

I actually lived for a while in the Dutch part of Limburg (Roermond / Swalmen), so not that far away. One of my favorite beers is Palm (amber beer), so I don't mind handing that title over to you.. Party hat

P.S:

Forwarded a PM to all of you, so check your messages when you have the time.

Message 25 of 168 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87

I know Palm, as a matter of fact it is one of my favourite beers too. My all time favourite is Bush christmas beer. A "real world" healing potion! Better then the "in game" ones!... Large smile

PS: I have the geforce gtx 1060 6GB edition and also an intel i7 6700k. Those things make your games fly like rockets! Party hat

@Straatford87, @ivrognard, @yahel_1

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Message 26 of 168 (507 Views)

@DarkBanishing,@Straatford87,@yahel_1

Merry Christmas, people.

And yeah, the 1060 is on my list, as the prices are kind of inflated around here. CPU 6700k, 32gb Corsair Vengeance, SSD 850EVO from Samsung, a storage HDD from Seagate (3TB). Those are just a few of the components.

Message 27 of 168 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ivrognard

I ripped out my SSD out of frustration Disappointed Gaming on SSD can be such a fuzz... Frown

Luckily I could use it in my laptop which I use for professional reasons. Standard smile

With the gaming I do, 250 to 500 GB drives are not an option! Wink

When SSD 1TB become cheaper, I will get back to gaming on SSD. Now, I can buy three 3TB HDD's for the price of one 750 GB SSD.

Message 28 of 168 (486 Views)

TrueFrown

Unfortunately, the SSD are damn expensives. Even the 250GB has the price of a 3TB SATA3 HDD. And the SSD that will be the standard will be probably the one that can be mounted on PCIe slots. And those are highly expensive right nowFrown

Message 29 of 168 (482 Views)

Indeed, but those SSD's on PCI-e slots are very fast. Hopefully, for  gamer's sake, they will get cheaper in the near future.

Message 30 of 168 (475 Views)