Origin - General Discussion

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Origin - General Discussion

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

Haha - I was super excited to see it snow for about 15 minutes. And then it was gone..

I saw some videos of where my brother lives in the Netherlands, and they had 'real' snow. I'm jealous!

@ivrognard

I actually enjoy those few days in the year where everything is shut down because of snow.. Standard smile

To both of you: my favorite voice actress is Claudia Black - she did Morrigan in Dragon Age, and Chloe in Uncharted. Great voice!

Message 111 of 168 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87 You forgot to mention the outstanding role of officer Aeryn Sun in Farscape (still one of my favorite science-fiction series, along with Firefly, Babylon 5, Star Trek, Stargate and Stargate Atlantis). Love Claudia Black as an actress, though she's such a rare presence on the small screen, lately.

And for the science-fiction fans that might have missed it, here's a little hidden gem, unfortunately cancelled after its first season:

Space: Above and Beyond

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112173/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_39

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 112 of 168 (385 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

I have to admit that I never watched those shows.. but in the games that I've played her voice always stuck with me Standard smile

Message 113 of 168 (375 Views)

@Straatford87 You should try and watch the Farscape series. It has action, space battles, quite a bit of fun and it has Claudia Black, tooStandard smile

And do not forget the TV movie, as it gives a bit of closure to the series.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 114 of 168 (370 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ivrognard, @Straatford87

Oh my god, space above and beyond, that name did ring a bell... I watched it too back in the nineties. Totally forgot it existed until now! Standard smile

@Straatford87

I'm still waiting for a new edition of the "elfstedentocht". Wasn't the last full one back in the eighties? All I remember of it was that it looked HEROIC! Sport with a capital S! Standard smile

But it first has to freeze the whole day for about a month and that is not going to happen. Frown

Message 115 of 168 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

I will give it a go if I find the time.. still so much to play and see!

@DarkBanishing

LOL - now that you mention it.. I did actually watch Space Above and Beyond, together with my brother and mother over dinner. That is ages ago though! Must be when I was around 10 or something. From what I remember.. the show didn't last very long.

Man, that's something all Dutch people are waiting for. Its like a national treasure.. people shed real tears every year because there can't be an Elfstedentocht (Eleven cities tour; ice skaters skate 120 miles / 200 km on natural ice) that year. The last one was in 97.

Ahhh, good memories Standard smile

Update:

The most gruesome (due to weather conditions) Elfstedentocht ever, was held 2 days from now, on January 18, 63'!

Message 116 of 168 (351 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87, @DarkBanishing You guys have a really old tradition on skating on natural ice. After all, Pieter Bruegel the elder painted such a scene over six centuries ago (and he is one of my favorite painters and as an interesting fact, one of the art museums from Romania has a few of his paintings - Bruckenthal Museum in Sibiu/Siebienburgen/Hermanstadt)

Winter landscape with skaters and a bird trap:

Hunters in the snow:

Message 117 of 168 (340 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ivrognard

Did you know Peter Breughel the older is from Flanders? Perhaps he is my grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand father... Large smile or perhaps not Thinking, no, probably not ... Wink

And this is what Flemish people can do best:

1280px-Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder_-_Peasant_Wedding_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Message 118 of 168 (323 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ivrognard wrote:

@Straatford87 You forgot to mention the outstanding role of officer Aeryn Sun in Farscape (still one of my favorite science-fiction series, along with Firefly, Babylon 5, Star Trek, Stargate and Stargate Atlantis). Love Claudia Black as an actress, though she's such a rare presence on the small screen, lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVFFQYz_Awk Wink

@ivrognard @Straatford87

I really like Claudia Black as an actress and a voice actress, but there is no voice actress like Jennifer Hale. (I might be a little biased here...) Angel

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 119 of 168 (314 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

Both paintings give me a warm and fuzzy feeling when looking at them. The second painting probably isn't in the Netherlands though, (or just from the painters imagination) because we have no hills or mountains.

I was actually not familiar with his paintings but after checking them out I really like them Standard smile

@holger1405

As you can see from my avater.. I also love the Big Bang Theory Standard smile

Message 120 of 168 (316 Views)