Origin - General Discussion

by Straatford87

Original Post

Origin - General Discussion

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

origin_news_header_723x250.jpg

Hello everyone,

If you would like to get away from support related questions for a moment, then feel free to jump into this thread for any general discussion related to Origin and its community.

When posting, we do kindly ask you to post in English, and to take note of the rules & guidelines.

To start things off: we would love to hear what parts of the world our gamers are from. And of course, what are your favorite games?

Message 5 of 168 (3,236 Views)

Re: Origin - General Discussion

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87

Well, nice to hear you speak Dutch too. (Fijn om dat te weten Standard smile

[admin edit: following part in relation to this message]

Dutch isn't a major European language (one of the smallest perhaps), but I think EA is doing it's best to provide subtitles with certain games. Keep up the good work guys! Thumbs up 

Message 1 of 168 (3,266 Views)

Re: For your own good EA, re-add Czech language into Origin

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

Nice! Great to see another Dutch person around here :-)

Message 2 of 168 (3,250 Views)

@Straatford87 wrote:

Nice! Great to see another Dutch person around here :-)

@Straatford87: not Dutch, but Flemish. Standard smile

Message 3 of 168 (3,237 Views)

So, Northern Belgium?! Flanders?! Standard smile

And no i'm neither dutch, nor flemish. Just a passer-byStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 168 (3,223 Views)

EA DICE Team

Moved your posts in here to not distract from the feedback given on the original post relating to Czech language in the Origin client.

@DarkBanishing

I was actually born in Belgium myself so I guess I still have a little Flemish blood in me.. :-)

@ivrognard

Where are you from?

Message 6 of 168 (3,209 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87, are you living in the southern Netherlands? Nederlands Limburg? Noord Brabant?

@ivrognard

Yes, the country of "Manneke Pis", chocolate and the best beer in the world (and the last is non negotiable Wink)! Large smile

Message 7 of 168 (3,190 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

Originally from The Hague and later moved to Emmen, which is the countryside.  

Now I live and work for EA in Ireland Standard smile

Message 8 of 168 (3,180 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA Tom Eastern Europe, Romania. Here... i said it. I do not have a dark skin (contrary to what many west europeans seem to believe about us, the main color of the romanian people is quite white, in some areas. I live in the capital city, which gives me better access to retail shops, great access to really cheap internet - Bernie Sanders doesn't know what bandwidth we have around here for a 5-20 euro (the first one gives you 10 Megabytes guaranteed, without limits, the last one goes to 50 Megabytes guaranteed, and there are plans to offer even better internet starting with next year).

@DarkBanishingdutch beer...to my shame i never had one of those. I had german, czech (their Budweisser and Staropramen are quite good), aussie, italian, french, belgian, but i never had dutch. Maybe, someday....As drinks, i like beer, vodka (especially in the guise of a well-prepared Bloody Mary), whiskey, wine. But my love still remains the black beer (and unfortunately, with the exception of the local brands, the only other thing that you can find in shops is usually Guiness)

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 9 of 168 (3,169 Views)

Re: Origin - General Discussion

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi all Standard smile

Indeed there is a community interesting and original at the same time,it fits perfectly with the platform name Origin.(synonyms,of courseWink)

For my part i think the situation(so to speak) are fine here,now. I do not think it's anything to add or straightening. And I know what I'm saying because I have some time, when,, I spin'' around here:eahigh_file:

Aa...   I am romanian,Fingers crossed and I do not have enough free time, but I'm trying to help here, how can.

What we have here!? @ivrognard, esti roman Standard smile,bine ai venit pe aici !Cake

Retired champion.
Message 10 of 168 (3,163 Views)