Origin Error 131076:0

by estein76

Original Post

Re: Origin Error 131076:0

★★ Novice

Same problem as all of you.

You know, that's why I hate Origin, I've had this problem a long time ago, downloading pauses and I get the error, I need to restar Origin and the resume the download, I neve had any problem downloading games from steam, but Origin, man, so dissapointing!

Please fix this issue asap!

Message 21 of 29 (1,540 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'mhaving same error now with BF4 

Two years after it was first reported you would think EA would have fixed this problem, or at least replied.

HELLO EA ANYONE HOME???????

Happy to take our money for pre-sales!!!!!!

Message 22 of 29 (986 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am trying to download Battlefield4  and I keep getting an error pop up stating there was an unexpected error with the download. Please try again in a few moments, and then the download pauses. This is happening continually and it is taking an extremely long time to download these two programs. Solution?

Origin Error 131076:0

Message 23 of 29 (984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue on BF4

WTF!!!

Message 24 of 29 (974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This what I was advised by origin:

check this link and disable UAC
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/turn-user-account-control-on-or-off

then uninstall and reinstall origin

then run as admin.

Message 25 of 29 (973 Views)

★★★ Newbie
its the same as running as administrator. The problem is if u dont have a 100% stable connection to the download severs it stops. My inter next runs with a 1.2mb speed but im way out in the boonies so connection is bad. It has taken me 6 hrs but if u give it time and restart the computer ever 10 errors it goes by faster. Plus the fastest laptop on the market helps alot too.
Message 26 of 29 (883 Views)

★ Novice

Hi MLadyD7,

unchecked the run as administrator and restarted the pc.. the download has been picked up the cache and it's resuming at 20%..

but now i'm looking at ETA 700+ hours at 8 KB/sec!

any ideas?

thanks!

Message 27 of 29 (759 Views)

★ Novice

little bit better, oscillating between 150-200 KB/sec. 

Message 28 of 29 (755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey guys! I don't know if y'all solved the problem, but for those who still can't fix it, I'm just gonna stretch my arm out here.

So this question was already answered here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-131076-0-error-and-could-not-download-Solved/td-p/1654319

But it's kind of hard to comprehend (so I'm just gonna paraphrasing it here below) a bit but basically what he's trying to tell us to do is:

1.Locate hosts file. Normally this file located at : %WINDIR%\system32\Drivers\etc\

-By hosts file he meant the first file thats named hosts

2. Delete all the words in the file by opening it in Notepad. If you can't then you need administrator access.

-So basically what I did was right click on the hosts file > properties > security > users > edit > full access (thats what I did)
3. Open the file in notepad and then erase all the words that are in it (Ctrl + A, Backspace/Delete). So now I can save the file in the same destination.

4. Retry download.

Hope this helps!

Message 29 of 29 (603 Views)