[Origin] Blank Screen on Login or Installation

by cutemma

Original Post

Origin not loading up properly?

★★★★★ Novice

Ill open up the app, login and that is as far as I get. I end up stuck with this screen, any ideas?

Message 806 of 1,482 (214,886 Views)

Origin won't load

★★★★★ Novice
When I click on origin it shows a blank white screen with a circle spinning around and around (like a screen that is loading) but that loading screen never goes away so I can't access origin so I can't play my games or buy games or even do anything . Please help I have attached a video to help you get a better understanding
Message 1 of 1,482 (201,451 Views)

Re: Origin won't load

Community Manager

@amygrace5 Hi,

I cannot see your video unfortunately, if you did put it on Youtube, can you post the URL to it here?

Generally though, I would suggest to download the Origin installation file from here once more: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 1,482 (212,657 Views)

Blank screen while trying to install Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Origin won't stop giving me headaches.

First it tries to update when I open it. Try as I like, I couldn't seem to get the goddamn download finished.

Since I had this problem before, I knew what to do: I uninstalled Origin and went after the newest version.

And, since OriginThinSetup never seems to work properly, I went after a full OriginSetup link.

So, I downloaded it and prepared to run it. But all I get is this:

WTF?!

I don't know how you guys can screw this up so badly. Because of this, I can't even play theFIFA 17 demo.

Is there any way to fix this?

Message 3 of 1,482 (282,465 Views)

Re: Blank screen while trying to install Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

And THAT'S when it doesn't give me the "Error Loading Webpage".

Bumping just because I forgot to mention this.

Message 4 of 1,482 (282,437 Views)

Origin not installing/launching

★★★★ Novice

I have had Origin installed on my laptop for a few years now, a couple of weeks ago it started to not run at all. I restarted my computer, left it a couple more weeks to see if it just temporary unavailble, then uninstalled Origin so i could re-install it. Now Origin will not install/download, which means i am unable to play any of the games i have purchased. I checked online forums for people experiencing the same issues, and i done the whole "msconfig" into the run window and restarted my laptop, but Origin still refuses to download. I am very concerned as to why this is happening as i have never had problems with Origin before now.

Message 5 of 1,482 (282,373 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ive been struggling with the same situation for the better part of a work week.

For example, I was happy as can be, playing Simcity, i shut down for the night, come back, there's an update, all of a sudden "you know what" hits the "you know" FAN and i cant do ANYTHING. I uninstal origin because that's usually the only way to fix these situations, Download the most recent version, this irritating "originthinsetup.exe" and all i get is either a blank white square, The same window you receive, or it manages to load up the first section, but broken and bugged to hell.

Ive tried manually installing but it doesn't do any good because i still cant Utilize origin, just look at it.

hunting down a "full" setup.exe yield the same results as Thin setup.

We are in need of serious help. And clearly so are the programmers over in EA.

Message 6 of 1,482 (282,375 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ive acquired more information.

The update is ONCE AGAIN what has broken everything.

The Origin client has been "revamped" and now demands so much more from our systems that it flat out will not work for computers under certain specs.

In short, because some numbskull programmer decided "Lets make things FANCIER" and broke EVERYTHING is to why we're all essentially *.

Knowing this.
Reading their article on the update is almost, if not Worse than Apple's new cordless earpods

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/check-out-origins-new-look

. . . . a slow clap would be appropriate at this time being frank.

Good job EA, you've made Steam's customer service look like Mary Poppins.

Looks like im gonna be putting alot more time into Cities Skyline.

Message 7 of 1,482 (282,340 Views)

[Origin] Blank Screen on Login or Installation

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've hijacked a couple of other threads trying to find a solution to this problem with no luck so far, and I know other people are experiencing the same issue, so I thought I would consolidate it into a single thread.

When executing the OriginThinSetup file downloaded from the official website to install Origin it opens a blank white window. In order to bypass the OriginThinSetup file I therefore downloaded a previous version of Origin from an external website, which automatically updated to the current version upon installation. Attempting to log in to the current version however presented another blank white window.

Things I've tried:

• Ran the OriginThinSetup file (and Origin itself) as administrator.
  • White-listed the OriginThinSetup file (and Origin itself) with my security software.
  • Ran my system in a clean boot.
  • Cleared the Origin cache.
  • Manually uninstalled and then reinstalled Origin.
  • Ran an sfc scan which "did not find any integrity violations".
  • Ran a fix on my Visual C++ Redistributables (2013 and 2015) which returned no issues.
  • Ensured I have the most recent version of my graphics driver (as validated by my device manufacturer).
  • Ensured I have the most recent Windows updates.

I don't know if perhaps my device just isn't compatible with the new Origin client? Let me know if anyone has any further suggestions as to how I can fix this! It would be greatly appreciated, thanks Standard smile

Message 8 of 1,482 (284,282 Views)

Re: Origin installation/login blank white window

★★★★★ Apprentice

I forgot to add: my operating system is Windows 7.

Message 9 of 1,482 (284,235 Views)