Origin 4k Scaling

by chondranon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin 4k Scaling

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I am having isues scalling the origin desktop client for a 4k resolution laptop. Will I have to set my general windows resolution to 1080p to prevent these scaliling issues?

Message 1 of 11 (8,665 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin 4k Scaling

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

26/02 update:

Current thread about 4K can be found at http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-4K-Scaling/td-p/5857157

And this build that was previously just for the Beta Client has now been made a required update for the latest release, meaning that everyone should get it automatically when prompted by their Client.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, I will hence mark this thread as solved.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (5,858 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@chondranon As far as I am aware this is unfortunately currently the desired work around. I am not aware of our current progress for natural 4k display support.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 11 (8,600 Views)

★★★ Novice

How is it possible that steam, uplay and every other gameclient is able to scale at 4k and the biggest money machine on earth does not want to spend a single dime to fix their client.

Message 3 of 11 (8,094 Views)

★★ Novice

@Possemaster wrote:

How is it possible that steam, uplay and every other gameclient is able to scale at 4k and the biggest money machine on earth does not want to spend a single dime to fix their client.

Welcome to EA + Origin

Message 4 of 11 (7,515 Views)

★★ Novice

Its ridiculous!  have to where glasses to use this stupid app.. 

I hate using Origin and avoid it when ever I can! Steam games no problems, Origin OMG no thanks!

Message 5 of 11 (7,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Seriously EA, you HAVE to fix this scaling issue.  Take a look, this is what your client looks like compared to Steam on my 4K 40" Panel:

Steam Vs Origin 4K comparison

Origin is almost unusable in 4K, this is totally unacceptable in 2015.  4K panels are becoming more and more common and I've seen posts on the EA forums going back two years addressing this issue and it seems nothing has been done to solve it.

PLEASE FIX THIS!

Message 6 of 11 (7,321 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"this is totally unacceptable in 2015" 

Soon you will have to rephrase that. Updating to 2016, that is.... Frown

Message 7 of 11 (7,313 Views)

★ Novice

THEY FIXED IT!

http://i.imgur.com/zFBHkCp.jpg

Thank you I really appreciate it!

Message 8 of 11 (7,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Indeed, I was pleasantly surprised to find I could login to Origin today and actually read all the text without squinting 2 inches from my screen.
Message 9 of 11 (7,197 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@seitiy / anyone else, check out the post by @EA_Nils here. It has been fixed on the beta origin client.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-interface-too-small-on-high-resolution-monitor/td-p/3507921

Message 10 of 11 (7,188 Views)