ORIGIN EU RETURN

by krzysztof73

Original Post

ORIGIN EU RETURN

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi EA,

I just purchased Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition and Batman: Arkham Asylum Today but hasn't downloaded yet.

I want to exercise the 14 days cancallation right as it is allowed by the law for EU members. I am in Republic of Poland, so would like to withdraw my purchase.

My details:
Origin account: [edit: email address removed]

Transaction:  16607229845

By law, customers in the European Union have the right to withdraw from this purchase within 14 calendar days: (i) after the date of purchase if you have purchased services (such as a digital product); and (ii) after receipt where you have purchased a physical product. Please note that you will lose your right of withdrawal if you start downloading your purchase before the end of this time period or if the performance of our services has begun, or if you remove or unseal the shrink-wrap packaging from your physical product. See Terms of Sale for details. If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw from a purchase of a sealed/shrink-wrapped physical product, please note that we are unable to refund your return shipping costs”. See FAQs for details.

I tried to send the email as described in the EA Help Center but unfortunately there isn't any "Email Us" tab on the website as described.  :"To withdraw from your purchase within the Cooling Off Period, please visit support.ea.com, log in to the Account used for your purchase and open the "Email Us" tab on the left hand side of the screen.  Complete the information in the "Email Us" tab and, if possible, attach a copy of your purchase confirmation email using the "Attach Files" feature. If you withdraw from your purchase within the Cooling Off Period, we will refund the Price as soon as reasonably practicable, and in any event within 30 days after the date that you exercise your right of withdrawal."

Therefore I use this platform to send you this withdrawal request of mine.

Please comfirm back you read this and advise on the next steps and please refund the money to the credit card used.

thank you

Krzysztof 

Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)

Re: ORIGIN EU RETURN

Community Manager

Hi krzysztof73,

Please see this help center article for further instructions on how to exercise your right to withdraw from a purchase: https://help.ea.com/article/origin-eu-returns-and-cancellations#3

"If you wish to withdraw from the purchase and need a refund on a physical product, please contact Customer Services, and one of our advisors will be happy to go through the refund process with you, take down your details and send you an email containing a completed returns form, which you will need to print out and send back to us along with the physical product...."

May I ask where you've seen the text you posted? I would like to forward this to the appropriate team so that we can update the text.

Thanks,

Dennis

Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)