Need For Speed 2016 Black Screen

by HugoPro14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need For Speed 2016 Black Screen

★ Novice

I bought the game recently, but when I try to play only appears a black screen and it doesn't work. The computer is more than capable to handle the game (It handles the witcher 3 at 1444p and 60fps with no problem). Any sugestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18 (7,367 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need For Speed 2016 Black Screen

@HugoPro14

Please do a dxdiag and copy paste it's content in a txt file. Then post the file in this thread.

Happy new year.

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (9,169 Views)

All Replies

@HugoPro14

Black screen means that there could be issues with your driver. Do you use the latest drivers for your video card?

Message 2 of 18 (7,359 Views)

★ Novice

Dunno, could you give me an example? Thanks

Message 3 of 18 (7,349 Views)

@HugoPro14

Please do a dxdiag and copy paste it's content in a txt file. Then post the file in this thread.

Happy new year.

Message 4 of 18 (9,170 Views)

★ Novice

Heres the file, thanks for your help and Happy New Year to you to.

Message 5 of 18 (7,334 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your support, but I have already solved the problem. You have my thanks for waste a bit of you time to help me.

Message 6 of 18 (7,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

i've got the same problem. Could you please tell me the solution for it?

I've got black screen after the windows 10 update on 01.01.2017. Before this update the game worked fine!

Adam

Message 7 of 18 (7,304 Views)

@GRVTY90

Don't use GPU drivers from windows update. Install geforce experience from the link and update your drivers. This program from nvidia keeps all nvidia card drivers up to date with minimum effort.

Let me know how it went by tagging me.

Message 8 of 18 (7,248 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello DarkBanishing,

My game's screen is black at the launch, and I cant do anything...

I tried to uninstall drivers, then install them using Geforce experience : Doesn't work. The same goes for downloading drivers from nVidia's site and installing them, or using Windows update..

Can you help me solving my problem ?

Here is my DxDiag.

Message 9 of 18 (7,227 Views)

@MrWaybs

There is a newer driver available for your nvidia gtx 750 TI. The latest is the geforce game ready driver v.376.33 from 14/12/2016.

This links from nvidia provides a "how to" on uninstalling your older video driver: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10/~/how-do-i-uninstall-my-nvidia-display-drivers.... This method doesn't delete every trace of old drivers and there could be a conflict when you install other drivers but it is very easy to do without using third party software.
The other way to completely remove drivers is to use DDU. This is a program that does it's job toroughly by removing all traces of the previous driver. On the following link you can download it and find tutorials on how to remove nvidia drivers: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

When the job is complete, download and install the latest NVIDIA GEFORCE Experience: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

PS: There are no other problems showing up in your dxdiag, so just installing newer drivers should do the trick.

Message 10 of 18 (7,186 Views)