Re: McDonald's $10 EA Sports Promo code

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)
About the website, the actual URL is http://promo.easports.com/mcd/

I'm still waiting to hear back about the specifics.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 11 of 107 (30,152 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for checking in on this.  The screen shot that awseightyfive provided was what the MCD's website shows after you win, and also provided in the email they sent.  I had emailed MCD's Customer Service, explaining what was happening with the code not working, and they litterally just copy and pasted their instructions on how to use the code found at: http://www.playatmcd.com/help#11-2, so at least someone is looking into this.

Message 12 of 107 (30,070 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)
Thanks for the confirmation, I thought it was probably an e-mail, now we know.

As said above, hold on to your codes for now while we sort this out. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 13 of 107 (30,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please do. I too find it puzzling this $20 dollar minimum rule is no where to be found on either 'playatmcd.com' nor 'promo.easports.com/mcd'. It reeks of bait and switch.

Message 14 of 107 (29,968 Views)

Re: McDonalds $10 EA Sports Promo code

★ Novice

I will not buy NCAA 14 unless i can use my code. I dont see why it is not on the list of games I can use it on.

Message 15 of 107 (29,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have a McDonald's code and the same situation as everyone else. Please let me the solution when you find out.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 16 of 107 (29,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this problem. I also personally think it sucks that it only applies to 23 games. It'd be awesome if it applied to all the games through EA/Origin.

Both my husband and I have a $10 promo code from the McDonald's online game code. We have confirmation emails, both of which say to purchase a game $10 or under (including shipping and handling) and that any difference above $10 is our responsibility to pay. This needs to be resolved quickly, as the codes expire mid September (not that it'd matter, I guess, since they don't work anyways!!!).

I wonder if there's a way to get that $10 Arch card instead.... :womanwink:

Message 17 of 107 (29,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there anyway I can download it onto my PS3 and NOT my laptop?

Message 18 of 107 (29,822 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried my promo code and same results.  Found this thread after some searching.

Sort or perplexed.  Most of the games that were presented to me to choose were older, most of them anyway. 

Found these links.

http://www.easports.com/news/article/win-prizes-mcdonalds

http://store2.origin.com/store?Action=ContentTheme&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ea&ThemeID=718200&pb...

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us_assets/mn10prepromo/legal.html

The EA news one states,

"You can also play online at PlayatMcD.com to win a $10 EA SPORTS prize or a free EA SPORTS video game redeemable at Origin.com. Use our exclusive free code “PLYEASPORTS” to get yourself into this year’s MONOPOLY game at McDonald’s!"

The McDonald's legal,

"EA SPORTS Video Game. Requires Online Redemption. Winners can select one Soccer ball video game from EA SPORTS library of games at www.eastore.com/mcd. Winner will be provided a redemption code and instructions. Redemption code valid for an EA SPORTS video game from the EA STORE at www.eastore.com/mcd. Free STANDARD shipping service to U.S. included. Redemption code expires on 11/30/10 and cannot be combined with any other offer, Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in the U.S. Limit one Soccer ball code per person. Product subject to availability. Prize may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services."

Sure seems like they're cool with us having a free $9.99 game.

Message 19 of 107 (29,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Heya everyone,

Thank you all for reporting this, it has helped us with our investigation. 

Good news: We have now updated the American store page to correctly list all games that are part of the $10 offer - including the much requested NHL 2009 and Fifa 2010 title.

Just go to http://promo.easports.com/mcd/ again and click on the COLLECT YOUR PRIZE link, you will be redirected to the correct store page.

A few additional notes regarding questions that came up:

• This is for a selection of EA Sports titles, other games (such as Plants vs Zombies or Need For Speed: Pro Street) are excluded. Follow the instructions above to see all eligible games.
  • You cannot combine multiple $10 codes on the store. If you did win multiple you will need to use these codes separately.
  • "Although there is no error message, my code isn't applied when I check-out." => This has been fixed, the code will work now if you follow the link from the instructions above. Note that you first have to redeem your McDonalds code on the McDonalds site. You will then receive the code to use for the EA site.

If you are in Canada, the store page may take a bit longer to update, just check again in a few days.

Thank you all for your patience, enjoy your game Confusedmileyhappy:

Cheers,

Nils

Message 20 of 107 (29,661 Views)