Re: Live chat not working

by Chessmaster014

Original Post

Live chat not working

★★ Novice

Sunday night I went to the Contact Us section of the EA Help website, intending to ask if I could still get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I put in all the information it asked for and when I got to the "Complete Request" part I clicked the Chat Now button and waited for several hours without being connected to an advisor.

I kept trying it all day yesterday and this morning, but nothing. I always get the little window that says "Thanks for Contacting EA! Please wait while we connect you to an EA Game Advisor", but I wait and wait, but it always either comes up saying it timed out or "Sorry, there are no advisors available at this time". I'm trying during normal work hours, so I know there should be advisors working.

I tried it on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge and I tried clearing my cache, history and turning off plugins, but I just can't get it to work, and I would really rather not use the "Call Me" option.

Any idea about what's going on and how I can get it to work?

Message 1 of 14 (585 Views)

Community Manager

@Chessmaster014 Hmm, I'm not sure. I know in some cases there have been ISP issues which prevented the contacts from going through. Is it possible to reach out on a mobile device using mobile data?

I'm aware that this isn't feasable for everyone but hopefully it helps you. 

As for your request, you'll want to have your Sims 2 content to hand, I don't think support will be able to assist if you don't have a prior version of the game. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 14 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I hate this *, the worst customer services, i have been waiting on chat since yesterday almost 16+ hours and still nothing!!! wait time under 5 minutes!!!!

i purchased a game for my son and the code has been used and you cant get ahold of anyone to help you!!! 

there is a section that mentions "contact channel"and mentions an email method, what the F is the email????? there is an email method to contact you, but you dont list the email!!

horrible, i am taking print screens and sending them to better business bureau.

i purchased a SIMCITY CITIES OF TOMORROW, i dont see it in my library. 

Message 3 of 14 (562 Views)

Community Manager

@gendiane For email contacts there's a form to be filled in rather than a direct email address. Responses would arrive via email. 

However this is only available for certain issues. for account-related issues you'll generally need a live contact such as a chat or phone call.

What game did you purchase and from where? Game codes are one-use-only, you may need to contact your retailer about it. With some context I can help to point you in the right direction.

Cities of Tomorrow is an expansion, the base game is needed to play it. Do you have the base SimCity game on your account?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 14 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am also having this same issue, tried twice last night and I am trying right now. I made one purchase on the sims store last night and my card was charged x8 for the same purchase. My bank thankfully stopped the charges and EA reversed everything back to me, all I want is to make a purchase for four games on the website (it's the only way to make one purchase for multiple games) because going through Origin (no shopping cart) would mean 4 different charges which is just silly.

I have now been waiting for a representative to chat in support for over 15 min, although it said it would be a 5 min wait. Last night, I waited a little over an hour.

UPDATE: I just got connected to an advisor. It seems as though Google Chrome may or may not be the issue when trying to connect with chat support. I am using Internet Explorer, so try using that or Firefox. I have let the representative know there are issues with connecting to support, possibly from chrome.

Message 5 of 14 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for your response, @EA_David

I have been trying to reach out on my phone using mobile data, but the results, so far, are still the same.

Even after clearing that cache and turning off the pop-up blocker. It never goes beyond the "Thanks for contacting EA! Please wait while we connect you to an EA Game advisor" message.

I just tried again on my computer and it said there are no advisors available.

Message 6 of 14 (513 Views)

Community Manager

@Chessmaster014 I see, thanks. Can I check that the flag icon in the top right corner matches your actual or approximate location? Are you trying to make contact within standard contact hours? They're listed on the contact page, but are usually about 9am-11pm.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 14 (489 Views)

★★ Novice

There is an American flag icon in the top right corner with the words "United States" next to it. I live in the United States, so it matches. Almost every time I've tried to make contact has been between 9AM and 11PM. It is currently 5PM and when I tried just now it said there were no advisors available.

Message 8 of 14 (478 Views)

Community Manager

@Chessmaster014 Hmm, I know that the services were under stress last night due to a FIFA issue, that might have been a factor. 

Can you try at a different time of day? If you change the parameters for your contact does that change anything. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 14 (467 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Could u please help me out I'm been trying to contact ea live chat and phone but no one is responding it's been 2 weeks and I hv just lost my account
Message 10 of 14 (450 Views)