Is some kind of 'Big Picture Mode' coming in the future?

by Namkotje

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is some kind of 'Big Picture Mode' coming in the future?

★★★ Novice

Heya,

I'm an Alienware Alpha owner, and do use it as a console on my TV, which means I never use a keyboard/mouse(only controller).

Most of the time I use it to play on steam in 'Big Picture Mode' since it's made to use it with a controller, howver it would be more interested for me if Origin would also have some kind of feature..!

Both are the most used services for me, so I would like to use them both!

Any chance some kind of feature is coming in the future?

Grtz,

Namko

Message 1 of 11 (4,599 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is some kind of 'Big Picture Mode' coming in the future?

Community Manager

@Namkotje Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass it on. I am currently not aware of our plans regarding this, but I will let you know if I hear something in the future.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (5,244 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Namkotje Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass it on. I am currently not aware of our plans regarding this, but I will let you know if I hear something in the future.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 11 (5,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

Cool, thanks!

I would be a big and amazing feature for me and other Alienware Alpha owners! Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (4,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want this feature, too. I got a wireless mouse just to play games like Sims 3 from my couch, so my girlfriend and I can game "together".

Message 4 of 11 (4,389 Views)

Community Manager

@rawkstah9 Thank you for your interest. I don't have an update yet but we will keep you posted if anything changes in the future.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 11 (4,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also hope you guys plan on implementing a similar feature into origin Standard smile

I'm building a personal program launcher with Multimedia Fusion that allows a person to launch most programs/apps using a Xbox controller for when I feel like gaming on the couch instead of at my desk.  Steam's Big Picture Mode has already made it easier to implement into my program and more "couch friendly".  Would definitely help me complete my little gaming sanctuary if you guys added similar support with Origin :D

Message 6 of 11 (4,346 Views)

Community Manager

@Deadwalkin1234 That does sound like a fun endeavor, hopefully we will be able to support this better in the future.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 7 of 11 (4,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie
For people like us that are making the leap from console to pc gaming from the couch is such a powerful tool.

I don't use the keyboard and mouse, other than to login to my pc.

Also, it is nice to integrate EA Origin with Kodi... I drive all my media through that platform. Live TV, Movies, Music, and Steam Big Picture.

EA games are the best and should have a user friendly console like steam big picture that is able to navigate with our XBox One remote.

Good start EA
Message 8 of 11 (3,962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_NilsBeen quite some time since last I see, but are there any updates on this issue/feature? I'm really hoping to get to play Andromeda on the TV with controller.

Message 9 of 11 (3,476 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any updates?

Message 10 of 11 (2,662 Views)