Re: [IMPORTANT] Why did I receive an email about a support case a year or more ago?

by EA_Dennis

Original Post

[IMPORTANT] Why did I receive an email about a support case a year or more ago?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Greetings,

We recently made a mistake and accidentally sent out an email regarding a previous service interaction we had with a number of EA customers. To give you a bit of context, the EA Customer Experience team handles over 20 million interactions every year with gamers from around the world just like you, and we work hard to resolve issues quickly and painlessly when we can.

Every so often we upgrade and perform regular maintenance tasks on our customer service systems - called "CRMs" if you're curious – and usually things go according to plan. Yesterday however, things did not go as smoothly as usual. While performing a routine task of clearing old cases, we made a configuration error and emailed around 300,000 people about service requests made from 2010-2012. 

To be clear, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your account, and your games are safe and sound!  This was pure human error on our part, and we’ll make sure it isn’t repeated.

We sincerely appreciate your patience, and are sorry about the mix-up!

Regards,

EA Worldwide Customer Experience

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 1 of 69 (132,503 Views)

Re: [IMPORTANT] Why did I receive an email about a support case a year or more ago?

★★★★★ Novice

What were the promotional codes relevent to?

Redemed online or through the Origin client results in error "The product code you entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly."

Message 2 of 69 (130,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is indeed important information. May I suggest sending an automatic email to all the affected people? A lot of people aren't going ot read the forum.

Message 3 of 69 (130,644 Views)

Community Manager

@nuhl wrote:

What were the promotional codes relevent to?

Redemed online or through the Origin client results in error "The product code you entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly."

These codes were previously generated and given out via chat or email as part of the case. Since they are still attached to each case they were also included in these recent mails that were accidentally sent out during our regular maintenance. We are very sorry about any confusion caused by this mistake.

@famkly wrote:

This is indeed important information. May I suggest sending an automatic email to all the affected people? A lot of people aren't going ot read the forum.

Yes, this is planned.

Message 4 of 69 (130,543 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, i received the email regarding this issue, with a new promotional code, but i can't use it on a new purchase. Why ?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 69 (130,344 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@io

If you scroll up and read the 1st post, you'll know why Standard smile

Message 6 of 69 (130,342 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The new code I just received as a "To make it up" gesture is invalid when I go to enter it inside my account page. What's going on??? If this works I'll be buying BF4 + Premium

Message 7 of 69 (130,337 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ty MLadyD7, but i meant the new code EA sent "to make it up to you" Standard smile

Message 8 of 69 (130,332 Views)

Community Manager

@io wrote:

Hi, i received the email regarding this issue, with a new promotional code, but i can't use it on a new purchase. Why ?

Thank you.

Did you receive one of the "old" mails containing a case number and code, or was it the "apology" email with just a new code for all the troubles? 

What game were you trying to purchase with that promo code?

Message 9 of 69 (130,325 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@eadennis: I'm talking about the new mail, the "apology" one with a new code.

I'm trying to purchaste BF4 Premium.

Thank you !

Message 10 of 69 (130,297 Views)