I bought a game but it does not show up in Origin

by Amigoozziga

Original Post

Re: I bought a game but it does not show up in Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just bought Battlefield BC2: Vietnam and recieved emails via both Origin and PayPal confirming the payment went through and the sale shows up in my Order History on the Origin client but the game is no where to be found in my game library. I'd really like you to resolve this issue for me asap as I expect to get something I pay for straight after the money has been taken.

On a side note:
If Origin is having issues with people being able to download games they own would it not be a smart idea to just send the game product code along with the confirm of purchase? That way if it doesn't show up in your game library you can just click "Redeem product code" and enter the code and download the game. Steam allows you do see product code; Why can't Origin?

EDIT: The issue seems to resolved itself but I don't see why it should take an hour to show in my library.

Message 751 of 1,240 (533 Views)

Re: I bought a game

★★★ Newbie

I had bought the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe and played it before, but now it says I need a code. I never got a code and now it is saying I never bought the game. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it is just now doing this. I don't really feel like I should have to buy it again just to try to find a code. What do I do???

Message 752 of 1,240 (507 Views)

Re: why cant i download my game i just paid for ?

★★★ Newbie

I wondering the same thing. Theres a game store 2 blocks from my house. Wish I'd just gone out and bought it. Would have been quicker. WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG?????????

Message 753 of 1,240 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ittybittykitty20 wrote:

I had bought the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe and played it before, but now it says I need a code. I never got a code and now it is saying I never bought the game. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it is just now doing this. I don't really feel like I should have to buy it again just to try to find a code. What do I do???

@fizikx wrote:

I wondering the same thing. Theres a game store 2 blocks from my house. Wish I'd just gone out and bought it. Would have been quicker. WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG?????????

@fizikx @ittybittykitty20 Hi,

Is there any chance, that you might have accidently used a new Origin account just now to log in? If you use the same account you had purchased the game with, Sims 4 should be availalbe for play.

If you are unsure which account that could be or think it must be another issues, then please get in touch with an EA Game Advisor, they will be able to assist you: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

This article here describes how: https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#2

Log in with your Origin account and choose "Origin" as Product, your Platform, "Codes" as Topic and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 754 of 1,240 (454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have done all of this. I even filled out an error report. ALL of my games are gone. None of them are showing up in my order history or in "My Games". Can we fix this please? That's a lot of money I lost just now. Not a happy customer.

Message 755 of 1,240 (443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not even able to choose a platform inside the Origin client. I go to "My Games" and just see the 3 big links for Store, Free Games, On The House.

No option to reload, nothing. Uninstalled/Reinstalled the client with no difference. Quite upset that I paid $40 for something that I'm not even able to use after two different vendors confirming the transaction went through.

Message 756 of 1,240 (431 Views)

Community Manager

@hblake1423 Hi,

Is there any chance, that you might have accidently used a new Origin account just now to log in? If you use the same account you had purchased your game with, all your games should be available for play.

If you are unsure which account that could be or think it must be another issues, then please get in touch with an EA Game Advisor, they will be able to assist you: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

This article here describes how: https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#2

Log in with your Origin account and choose "Origin" as Product, your Platform, "Account Management" as Topic and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 757 of 1,240 (401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me too. I panicked, and this was at night so couldnt call for support. My account was offline, therefore i couldnt connect to the Origin store online. So i deleted Origin. Then i went to google and typed in "download origin". Then i re-downloaded it. After that, my computer said if i wanted to update the latest version of Origin and I said yes. After that, it downloaded and started working properly. Make sure you have the latest version of Origin installed Standard smile

Message 758 of 1,240 (354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Have the same problem that people got 2 years ago Wink In my purchase history it says i bought it, paypal says i paid it but i did not receive

a confirmation EMail neither does  the game show up in "My Games".  (i refreshed several times!!!)

I bought it on the right account, my client is up to date and i have never had trouble downloading or buying games with/ from origin.

Solved!!! I was so clever and bought an addon but i did not have the actual game Wink 

Message 759 of 1,240 (350 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for the confirmation guys, I am glad to hear that it is working now.
Message 760 of 1,240 (549 Views)