Change Origin Email Address

by sixthbrightest

Original Post

Can't get access to account

★★★ Newbie

My origin/ea account was connected to my school email, and I did not get a chance to change the email over before the email account was deleted was when I graduated. I can no longer log in to my account and had to make a new one to ask this question. I have all my games registered to that account and a ton of sim points. What should I do? Help!

Message 71 of 508 (22,655 Views)

Re: Account options do not allow email address change!

★★★★ Novice

I can't change my email either - only my country and language. I'm ready to delete my account and never buy another EA game. This is frustrating and ridiculous.

Message 72 of 508 (22,645 Views)

Unable to change e-mail

★★ Novice

Hi ...

I need to change the e-mail address for my Origin account. However this seems impossible after spending 30 minutes trying through the Origin web-page, the Origin client, the EA pages, the EA Help Pages and the EA Answer HQ pages (the latter being the closest I got as it allowed me to change the e-mail for that individual site .....).

So, how do I change my e-mail address?

PS: In my frustration over how terrible and anti-user-friendly the associated web-pages and/or client is for handling something as simple as a change of registered e-mail address, I looked into deleting my whole account and never touching anything that required Origin ever again, but lo and behold; that seems impossible to do as well ...

Message 73 of 508 (22,658 Views)

Re: Account options do not allow email address change!

★★ Novice
Message 74 of 508 (22,641 Views)
Highlighted

Change Origin Email Address

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

My Origin account is tied to an old email address which I will not have access to in a few weeks. I need to change it.

I have followed the steps at this link:

https://help.ea.com/uk/article/i-have-a-new-email-address-can-i-change-my-email-address-on-my-ea-acc...

But when I update my account info, it only allows me to change country and language, NOT email address.

If the email address cannot be changed, can this account be deleted? It has no games anyway.

Message 75 of 508 (22,638 Views)

Changing Email

★★★ Newbie

I need to change my email account from the one it is now to my new account. Its unclear of what to do or who to contact. 

Online it says to go to my EA account, go to 'My Account' then 'Update Info' however there is no where to put my new email address in. The screen shots in some threads do not match what I see. I have gone to the EA help web site when I try to edit my profile its only letting me change the country of origin. Has the EA Server been updated so you can not change your email? 
Please let me know. Any help would be appreciated.
Message 76 of 508 (22,640 Views)

Why I cannot change my EMAIL ADDRESS

★★ Newbie

I want to update my Email Address on here but when I go to my info and select update profile it doesnt even give me the option in changing it. I want to know why and can you fix it. Cause I have a new Email Address and want to update it

Message 77 of 508 (22,582 Views)

Some kind of a bug in email change?

★★★ Newbie

HiI would like to change my origin account email address but when I go to either toea.help.com , ea.profile.com or origin.com it won't show the CHANGE EMAIL tab or whatever it is. Could this be a bug of some sort? please reply quickly! Thanks in advance! Standard smile

Message 78 of 508 (22,633 Views)

Re: Changing Email

★★★ Newbie

Having the exact same problem please ea be fast!

Message 79 of 508 (22,632 Views)

Change Email Problem

★ Novice

I changed my email due to hacking and im updating most sites.

Xbox Live

Facebook 

ect

All Working, Accept origin.

Iv looked under account and it gives me no option to change it. Before i call in anyone got any advice?

Message 80 of 508 (22,610 Views)