Gifting Games

by Nanostronghold

Original Post

Re: Gifting Games

★★★ Apprentice

EA is a bunch of big corporate a-holes.  They have to create their own digital retailer "Origin" because they won't get along with Steam who already has a perfect digital distribution system.  God forbid someone else makes any money and EA doesn't get to keep it all.  EA Origin digital distribution system is drastically inferior and by trying to buy up quality developers like DICE and taking away any choice for where consumers can buy games, they force you to use their craptacular system.  EA get a clue and listen to the people who want to give you money, and make it easy for us.  OR don't - we will spend our money on Steam instead.  Maybe I'll have to buy stock in your company so I can come to a shareholders meeting.  You clearly don't listen to your consumers, so maybe you'll listen to a shareholder. 

Real Simple - Gift Feature - Figure it out.  and stop sucking.

Message 61 of 89 (1,266 Views)

★ Novice

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That.

Message 62 of 89 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well I was going to buy myself a copy of battlefront for the holiday sale, and send one to my friend as well.  But after learning there is no gift option, I guess I won't be buying anything at all, as I don't want to play a multiplayer game by myself.  I'm not going to log into his account either and use my own personal card, for a feature that should be insanely easy to implement.  How can a digital distributor not have this function?!?!  I swear who's running the marketing section at EA?  You guys can put your heads together on this issue and build a rock pile.  It's nearly 2016 guys, get with the times. 

Message 63 of 89 (1,171 Views)

★ Novice

I rarely use Origin other than playing games. I seriously can't believe there is no way for me to buy a game for friend on here. How backwards is that? I've been able to do that with Steam for many years. Not that I'm a very giving person but I have friends or family that I enjoy getting them in the action. Wtf Origin? How many years has it been and still no gifting option?

Message 64 of 89 (1,097 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can't believe this simple feature request was made in 2012, and here in 2016 it still has not been implemented. Surely EA has lost millions of dollars by now due to people not buying gift copies.  Many, myself included, have also decided not to buy themselves a copy of the game they were also going to gift.

This is not good business EA.  You have a living Futurama meme, with people yelling out "Take my money" - and you will not.  If we can not rely on Origin to fulfill our needs when it benefits EA most, how can we trust EA to look after any of our concerns?  

I will check in from time to time to see if you've added this feature, but until it is, EA has lost my custom.  Full Steam ahead!!

Message 65 of 89 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dear EA, your system is *. I wanted to gift the Sims 4 series to my significant other, but can't so get lost, we'll go buy something else.

Message 66 of 89 (977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thats really *ty xD i just tried to gift to my mate then i realised you cant gift so then im trying to contect support but i cant get into a * chat and ive been swaiting literally 24 hours

Message 67 of 89 (907 Views)

Community Manager

@wellwornbabyfood Hi there,

If you bought a game with the intention to gift it, but aren't able to, you are likely looking to get a refund.

You can initiate a refund request yourself here: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/great-game-guarantee

As for the gifting, we are aware that many of you are interested in this, it is a frequently requested feature.

We have passed it on to the team to see whether an implementation will be possible in the future.

At this time there is unfortunately no update I can provide in that regard.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 68 of 89 (900 Views)

★ Apprentice
Please do implement it! I will really appreciate it. I used to play cracked games before. But now I save my pocket money to buy original games. I don't have credit cards. So I give my money to one of my friend who buys the games for me in steam.

Recently I bought Fifa 16 via my friend via "bdbox.net". But that site doesn't have many games and thus it lacks Fifa 15, 13, 12 which I want to buy aswell. Sites like G2A has keys but they are scammers *. So its not an option either.

So, if it was possible for my friend to gift me through origin- I would be highly benefited. Or you guys want me to play cracked games?

Steam's gift and wallet code system rocks. Only reason I'm still liking origin is because it doesn't have Stupid VAC which is preventing online cheats but at the same time made mods more risky.

So, please do add gift and wallet code supports please. Sucks to buy cracked games but sucks more when it becomes hard to buy original games. And why fifa 12 is not available anymore!? Please do resolve these issues.
Message 69 of 89 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@RiasatSalminSami Thanks for the additional insight.

I am curious, where in the world are you located?

In some countries we do have options available to buy cash cards at participating retailers, and this might just be what you are looking for: http://www.ea.com/1/game-cards

Cash Cards are available for $20 and $60 amounts in the United States , €15 & €30 amounts in France, Italy, Germany, Spain, and £10 & £25 amounts in the UK.

Note that your Cash Card must be redeemed in the country where the Card was purchased.

More information about them is available here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/ea-cash-card-information/

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 70 of 89 (882 Views)